The starting set Poseidon 1140 Tset is ideal for quick start of working with Poseidon model 1140. You will find here not only the model 1140, but also 1 temperature sensor and a "dry contact" sensor, used as a door contact. The set also contains a power adaptor and CD with all utilities.
Note: Poseidon model 1140 was replaced by model Poseidon 2250.
The"Poseidon 1140 Tset" is ideal for quick testing of Poseidon
model 1140. In the delivery you will find all cabling, so you just have to connect it as shown in the manual, then connect the Poseidon device to power source and Ethernet.
You can then monitor 3 binary inputs and temperature over a network using either the supplied utilities, or your WWW browser or your PDA.
The set contains
- The Poseidon unit, model 1140 - Poseidon
model 1140 [600 104]
- 1x temperature sensor - Temp-1Wire [600 002]
- 1x door contact (magnet included) [600 119]
- 1x power adaptor "wall version" - [600 080]
The correct version of the adaptor can be specified in the order, for UK or USA version
- Printed datasheet - "Poseidon
model 1140 manual"
- CD with documentations, FirmWare versions, testing utilities and other SW
Ordering and pricing
The"Poseidon 1140 Tset" samples, ordering number 600 000 are available now! If you need a UK or USA version of the power adaptor, please specify in the order.
IF you need a different sensor configuration, it's not possible when ordering this set, but you can order a stand-alone Poseidon device together with our sensors and corresponding cabling according to your needs.
- Products are on stock in several samples.
- The price of the "Poseidon 1140 Tset" with ordering number [600 000] and all the sensors can be found in the pricelist.
How to order
- All orders apart from the Czech republic and Slovakia can be payd by card. We support VISA and Eurocard/MasterCard.
- The delivery is sent by FedEx and you can have it on your table in 48 hours.
- Please order using the order form, sent to our fax number. (hw_orderform_en.pdf)
Qour order will be confirmed in 24 hours together with the delivery date.
You can find a detailed "How-to-start" guide in the manual on page 5, section "Quick
Setup", this is only a summary of the necessary steps.:
- Set DIP1 to DIP4 to OFF
- Connect the temperature sensor (Port1 DB9F)
- Connect the supplied door contact to the binary input. (for example
Input 3 = 2 pins next to the DIP switches).
Note: Binary inputs description can be found in the datasheet on page 14, or on our website: Poseidon
- Connect the device to Ethernet
- Connect the power adaptor and plug it to the power source.
- Launch the Hercules
Setup Utility (you can find it on the supplied CD) and click the "Find Devices" button on the first tab "UDP Config". By clicking on the item on the list, you will see the set IP address, mask, etc. Change these according to your network setup and save using the "Apply Changes" button.
- In the Hercules software, click on the "TCP
Client" tab, enter the set IP address and port "99" (default value, it can be changed later). Connect to the configuration menu and select the "1 ... 1-wire" with"1"
key to detect 1-Wire sensors.
Poseidon will list the found sensors. Terminate TCP Setup with "x"
and close the Hercules software.
- Now your Poseidon device is fully configured and works with the supplied accessories.
- Open your internet browser and enter the device's IP address.
You can use many different programs and utilities to work with the Poseidon 1140 model. Here is the basic overview, you can find a detailed description in the datasheet, or on this page: Poseidon
– communication interfaces
- Hercules Setup Utility - IP address setup, Setup mode
(RS-232, Telnet) etc.. - details..
- WWW browser (with Flash plugin) - device setup, measured displaing values
- Common SNMP utilities - values reading, device setup
(for example Getif, SNMPView,
SNMPc and more..)
- Common Modbus/TCP utility - reading values (for example) - see more here: www.modbus.org
- Special utilities for Poseidon:
- a simple utility for reading XML values
- DD60 PoseiTureLogger
- periodical reading of XML values, data logging, graph, source codes for Delphi..
Similar and related products
- Poseidon Family
Description of all products from the Poseidon family.
- Poseidon 1140 THset
Starting set for Poseidon model 1140 together with temperature and humidity measuring over RS-485
- Temp-1Wire (a cheap temperature sensor, you can connect up to 10 sensors)