Poseidon 1250: Monitoring over IP in industrial applications
Monitoring over IP for industrial applications. 44 probes, RS-485, 1000 m, Web interface, E-mail, SNMP, SMS (with a GSM modem).
Note: Poseidon model 1250 was replaced by model Poseidon 2250.
Sensors can be connected to the Poseidon model 1250 unit via two busses or you connect directly senor's contacts. The device measures values of connected sensors, the user can access the data over specialized protocols or web browser.
Poseidon can be integrated into NMS (Network Monitoring System), or used with the PD trigger software which simply alerts of a critical situation by sending an SMS message. As an alarm response, this software can close a relay (via network) that controls e.g. light signaling or alarm horn.
- Industrial bus (RS485): up to 31 sensors, up to 1 000m
- 3 Digital inputs: connect relay dry contact directly
- IT bus (1-Wire): up to 10 low cost probes, RJ11 wiring
- Sensor value out of range: sending Email or SNMP Trap to several recipients.
- SMS can be sent as alarming via GSM modem connected to RS-232
- IT – server rooms monitoring, 19“ Racks, UPS
- Air-condition devices monitoring , especially leaking of evaporated water
- UPS device rooms monitoring, Diesel engines
- Intelligent buildings environment monitoring
- Storage buildings monitoring
- Information points, terminals, transmitters
>> Poseidon - application examples
>> Application study of Poseidon family
What Poseidon measures
The Poseidon model 1250 supports up to 42 sensors (probes) for temperature, humidity, air-flow and other value monitoring. Each sensor monitors safe range. It can notify of value out of safe range (Alarm status) via Email or SNMP trap sending.
- Temperature (up to 42 sensors up to 1000 meters, -55 °C to
- Humidity (up to 25 sensors up to 1000 meters)
- Binary input / contact (up to 3 smoke detectors, shake, movement,
flooding, angle, close/open door, air-flow etc.)
- General input (0 to 10V, 4 to 20mA – using external converters to RS-485)
>> Value sensors
Basic Features of the Poseidon 1250
- Up to 42 sensors and probes can be connected to one Poseidon model 1250 unit
- Notification about an Alarm status via Email (SMTP), SNMP Trap or SMS (GSM modem over RS-232)
- PD trigger program (free) can redirect SNMP Trap alarms from unlimitted Poseidon units to SMS (GSM modem connected to PC)
- Easy configuration in graphic interface (WWW web browser) – screenshot
- Open communication protocols (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP a others)
- Poseidon 1250 directly controls two outputs
- Large assortment of sensors, from inexpensive for home use to industrial ones with accuracy 0,15 °C and range from -55 to +640 °C. (see Sensors values). The sensors can be connected over a distance of 1000 meters
- Safety protected with a password, IP address range, HW security
- For OEM partners option to change device name, design of web pages for orders of 50 pcs and more.
- FirmWare update over WWW or over RS-232
>> Poseidon model XXXX - models overview
Download and links
- WEB (HTML)
Values and state of sensors are presented on WWW page. The page is automatically reloaded every 5 second. There is a link to Flash Setup from main HTML page, update FirmWare and others.
All sensor's values as well as alarm status information are available in XML files (values.xml) and any application can log it from XML tags - more information
SNMP is protocol for monitoring of telecommunication devices, network infrastructure and related technology. The Poseidon is fully controllable over SNMP (v1, partially v2) - more information
Modbus/TCP is industrial standard for input from sensors and output to visualizing and SCADA systems. All values are available over Modbus/TCP - more information
- SNMP Traps
In case of contact switch or exceeding of "Safe Range", the sensor get to the Alarm status. To notify of this a SNMP Trap including alarm status description is sent to configured IP address - more information
In case of contact switch or exceeding of "Safe Range", the sensor get to the Alarm status. To notify of this a Email including alarm status description is sent to configured email address - more information
>> Poseidon –
communication protocols .
HW interface - sensor connecting
Overview of all sensors in our assortment: Sensors and accessories.
- Binary Input (Dry Contact inputs)
3x input to connect door contact or relay output (NO or NC)
- IT Bus (RJ12 1-Wire)
Inexpensive interface to connect up to 10 temperature probes over a total distance of 10 meters or less
- Industrial bus (RS-485)
Industrial interface, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters. The temperature, humidity and other sensors. The converters to current loop (4 to 20 mA) or platinum temperature sensors Pt100, Pt500, Pt1000 (2,3 or 4 conductor).
>> Interface for connecting sensors to the Poseidon units
HW interface - relay output
- 2x outputs
The Poseidon 1250 supports two outputs for two external relay controlling. The outputs can be controlled over network (Flash Setup, XML, SNMP).
- Output – Alarm status link: DTR output can be used for alarm signalization of any sensor. Warn light or horn can separately, independently on other software, signal critical status.
We recommend to use: PowerEgg, P1250 RC (Relay Cable), DIN relay
>> Interface for connecting sensors to the Poseidon units
Technical specifications of the Poseidon 1250
- Ethernet: RJ 45 - 10BASE-T / 10 Mbit/s
- Port 1: Industrial bus (RS-485 / RJ45)
- Port 2: IT bus (1-Wire / RJ12)
- Port 3: RS-232 (connector Cannon 9 Male)
- 3 Dry contact input: terminal board for contact (0
- Device setting:
- Locally - RS-232 Setup
- UDP Config
- Over HTTP - graphic interface Flash
- Over SNMP
Detailed technical specification you can find in manual "Poseidon_1250_MAN_en.pdf" or on the page Poseidon 1250 - technical specification.
>> Poseidon 1250 - detailed technical specification
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Other applications: Third-party SNMP software
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
PD Trigger application example
With the PD Trigger application for Windows, it is possible to receive alarms (SNMP traps) from an unlimited number of Poseidon products and define conditions and actions based on the originating device and the probe name. For example:
- In case of air conditioning failure in server room A, send a SMS to Peter
- In case of alarm in server room B, send e-mail to Tom
- In case of electricity supply failure anywhere, send SMS to Peter and turn on a warning light at the receptionist's desk
>> Software for the Poseidon family
- How long it takes to supply ordered samples?
We keep the Poseidon units permanently on stock and supply them during 24 to 48 hours.
- What guarantee you offer?
Standard is 2 years, it can be extended after agreement.
- Where do I get prices?
From our distributors, or by request the price from HW group (Email or Form).
- Can I get the Tset and THset start sets for extra price?
The start sets are budget-priced and intended only for new customers who want to test it or supervise via their own program. At the most 3 samples of every type can be ordered.
- How to find out price of the Poseidon, sensors and accessories for my project?
Email us (see Contacts) or use Demand Form. Fill in number of sensors, individual distance and what values exactly you intend to measure. Do not forget to mention what SW you will use for data processing or what you expect from the program. Tell use where you are from, we may recommend you installation company in your surroundings
- Can I pay by a payment card?
Yes but not online. Fill in the online order form, print it out. Write your payment card detail, sign it and fax it to our fax number. The other possibility is to pay via bank transfer.
- How do you supply the order?
We use several transport companies and FedEx for express shipments.
>> How to order a product
>> Fill in the online order form
>> Poseidon Pricelist
Poseidon model 1250 accessories
Wall Bracket "A" size [600 023] - 2x side "L" shaped brackets for wall mounting.
- DIN Rail box set [600 025] - holder of the unit on DIN bar
LapLink cable 2m [600 063]
Communication cable RS-232 LapLink to connect to PC.
- Power adapter
- Accessories for IT bus (1-Wire / RJ12)
- Accessories for Industrial bus (RS-485 / RJ45)
- S-Hub [600
Hub for connecting up to 8 sensors over RS-485 (8x RJ45)
- Sensor RJ45 MIDDLE cable [600 233] (details)
Connecting cable about 0.5 meter long, enables to connect 4 pins ( A,B,+,- ) from terminal board to RJ45 connector. Method how to connect the middle sensors.
- Sensor RJ45 LAST cable [600 234] (details)
Connecting cable about 0.5 meter long, enables to connect 4 pins ( A,B,+,- ) from terminal board to RJ45 connector. Method how to connect the last sensor in line.
- Poseidon B-Cable reduction [[600
It converts RS-485 + power supply for RJ45 connector to terminal board - 4 pins ( A,B,+,- )
- Inputs and Outputs
>> How to Order products
|storage monitoring, freezer monitoring, RS485 snmp, pt100 temperature, freezer temp, sensors snmp, freezer temperature, RS-485 temperature, IP monitoring, pt100 snmp, pt1000 email, pt100 thermometer
Related and simmilar products
- Poseidon Family - all Poseidon family products
- Sensors of temperature and humidity
- Temp1-Wire (inexpensive temperature sensor, up to 10 sensor up to 10 meters)
- Temp-232 (inexpensive temperature sensor, up to 15 meters)
- Temp-485 (indoor temperature sensor, up to 31 sensors up to 1000 meters)
(professional temperature sensor for indoor and outdoor use, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters)
- HTemp-485 (temperature and humidity sensor for indoor use, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters)