Poseidon 2250: SNMP monitoring & data logger
Poseidon 2250 logs the values from up to 40 probes (RS-485, dry contacts, temperature, voltage, and more). Data are stored in a flash memory. The device enables monitoring over IP (Web, SNMP, Modbus/TCP) and sends alerts to values out of range (e-mail, SNMP trap, SMS over GSM). Industrial probes (4–20mA and Pt100/Pt1000) are supported. The supplied HWg-PDMS application enables native export of data to MS Excel.
Poseidon 2250 monitors the values of external probes and dry contact inputs, and stores the values in its internal memory. Up to 40 probes can be connected, maximum distance is 1000 m.
Poseidon 2250 supports low-cost probes for IT environment, as well as precise platinum temperature probes (Pt100, Pt1000) and industrial probes (4–20 mA / 0–10V interface) connected over RS-485.
Values captured from all probes (max. 40) are periodically stored into the internal flash memory. Stored values can be periodically e-mailed, imported into a database, or processed in MS Excel (thanks to native MS Excel export using the HWg-PDMS utility).
Typical applications include measuring and logging temperatures in a pharmacy. Poseidon 2250 measures the temperature in four refrigerators, and monitors their doors. Values are stored in the internal memory and periodically e-mailed to a central server for processing.
- Values are logged to the flash memory. Nothing is lost even in case of power failures.
- All sensors sold by HW group are supported (both 1-Wire UNI and RS-485).
- Supports a GSM modem to send SMS alerts.
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
Logging of values: Internal flash memory, 384 KB
- WEB: Embedded WEB server / GUI
- 1-Wire UNI probes: 1xRJ11 (max 10 probes)
Temperature, humidity, voltage, AC current, airflow, water leak, and more...
- RS-485 sensors : 1xRJ45 (max 26 probes)
(Temperature, humidity, pressure, voltage, current, lighting, ...)
- Digital Inputs: 3 dry contact inputs (for detectors)
(Smoke, 110/230V power, water leak, door contact, air flow, entry to the room)
- Digital Outputs: 2 digital outputs (RS-232 outputs)
- GSM modem: A GSM modem for sending text messages (SMS) can be connected to RS-232
- SMS Gateway: Device can send SMS by external "SMS GW" or be "SMS GW" for other devices.
- SMS + Ring when alarm: Supported
- Mechanical: Wall mount, dimensions: 25 x 82 x 90 [mm]
- Warranty: 5 years
- Alerts (value out of defined safe range): SNMP trap alert, e-mail alert, web sms alert (SMS via GSM modem)
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP
- Support for programmers: HWg SDK
- Supported software
- HWg-PDMS: Logging,export to MS Excel
- CapTemp: Visualization on a map, control of outputs, alarm redirection to SMS
- HWg-PD Trigger: Controls other IP devices, redirects alarms to SMS
- >> Third-party SNMP software
>> Poseidon model XXXX – Overview of models
- Pharmacies: Monitoring and logging of storage conditions for pharmaceuticals
- Bakeries, freezing plants: Monitoring of temperatures in the industry processes, HACCP reporting
- A/C monitoring (HVAC): Long-term monitoring of system parameters, temperature humidity logger
- Storages: Monitoring of temperatures, humidities, and other conditions; HACCP-compliant monitoring
- SCADA systems: Connecting inputs of external values
Each probe has an individually-configurable name and safe range. When the safe range is exceeded (alarm), e-mail, SMS or SNMP trap is invoked.
1-Wire UNI probes
- Total bus length up to 30 m
- Temperature - Temp-1Wire
- Humidity - Humid-1Wire
- Air flow
- Voltage - 0..15V DC - Sensor 15V 1W-UNI
- DC voltage 0–60V - Sensor 60V 1W-UNI
- Current - 0-20mA DC - Sensor 20mA 1W-UNI
- AC current 0-30A - 30A Current probe 1W-UNI
- Light sensor
- Combined sensor Sens-1W-UDI86: 8 voltage inputs (0-15 VDC), 6 dry contact inputs
- Hub: T-Box
Dry contact inputs (for detectors):
Digital outputs (relays)
>> More sensors
Which software to use
>> Software for the Poseidon family
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I plot the temperature in a graph using logged values?
The supplied HWg-PDMS reads both instantaneous and historical values (internal log) from Poseidon units.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "Poseidon.mib" file is available for download from the Poseidon GUI. Simply click the "MIB" link, save the file and import it into your SNMP software.
- Where can I find a log file in the CSV format?
The "LOG" file is available for download from the Poseidon GUI. Click it with the right mouse button and choose Save as.
- What is the maximum distance of probes from the Poseidon unit?
- For RS-485 probes: up to 1 000 m.
- Contact-based probes can be connected over tens of meters.
- RJ11 1-Wire probes can be connected max 30m away, if you use one probe per one Poseidon connector. If you use a T-Box hub, the total maximum length is 10m.
- Can I send SMS alerts?
Poseidon 2250 supports e-mail alerts and SMS alerts. To send SMS alerts, you need to connect a GSM modem and insert a SIM card (without a PIN code).
- Does Poseidon 2250 provide any outputs?
Yes. However, the outputs cannot be used in the "local thermostat" mode. To use both the inputs and a GSM modem, a special cable must be used – see Accessories.
- Can I replace Poseidon 1250 or 2251 with Poseidon 2250?
Yes. Poseidon 2250 contains all the features of the previous models in one unit.
- Are there any sensors produced by HW group that cannot be connected to Poseidon 2250?
- What is the difference between 1-Wire and 1-Wire UNI probes?
1-Wire UNI probes are an extension of 1-Wire probes. All 1-Wire temperature and humidity sensors can be connected to the 1-Wire UNI interface.
- Does Poseidon 2250 support all probes supplied by HW group?
Yes, all types of probes sold by HW group can be connected to Poseidon 2250.
How many RS-485 Temperature/Humidity sensors can be used with Poseidon 2250 - 26 or 31?
It used to be 31 sensors with Poseidon 1250, but it's only 26 for Poseidon 2250 (EEPROM limitation).
Sensor = data value, so it's 13 pieces of combined sensors Temperature + Humidity.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
- What is the lead time for ordered samples?
We keep Poseidon units in stock, samples are shipped within 24 to 48 hours.
When your order is confirmed, we inform you by e-mail about the approximate delivery date.
||Plain Poseidon 2250 unit, no accessories
|Poseidon 2250 Tset
||Quick start set: Poseidon 2250, 3m temperature probe, CD, EU power adapter
|Poseidon 2250 GSM Tset
||GSM quick start set: Poseidon 2250, 3m temperature probe, GSM modem, CD, EU power adapter
|Poseidon 2250 GSM Tset Quadband
||Recommended evaluation set Poseidon model 2250 with GSM quadband modem , power adapter, CD and one temperature sensor included
|GSM Quadband TC55i
|| GSM modem (recommended for Europe). Power adaptor included.
|Modem Cable Poseidon 1250/2251
|GSM Quadband TC55i
||Quadband GSM modem (recommended for South America). RS-232 cable and INTernational wall plug power adaptor included.
|Poseidon 1250 Relay cable
||P1250 RC (Relay Cable) (photo)
|Poseidon x2 serial splitter
Poseidon 2250 – Accessories
- 2x Wall Bracket "A" size [600 023] - 2x sidewise "L" brackets for mounting the Poseidon unit to a wall.
- DIN Rail box set [600 025] - Bracket to mount the box on a DIN rail
- DB9 LapLink cable 2m [600 063]
RS-232 LapLink communication cable for connecting to a PC.
- Power adapter
- 1-Wire bus accessories (RJ11)
- RS-485 bus (RJ45) accessories
Hub for connecting up to 8 probes to the RS-485 (8x RJ45)
- Sensor RJ45 MIDDLE cable [600 233] (details)
0.5m connection cable, connects 4 pins (A,B,+,–) of a terminal block to a RJ45 connector. The cable wiring is used for probes that are NOT at the end of the chain.
- Sensor RJ45 LAST cable [600 234] (details)
0.5m connection cable, connects 4 pins (A,B,+,–) of a terminal block to a RJ45 connector. The cable wiring is used for the last probe in the chain.
- Poseidon B-Cable adapter
Converts the RS-485 line + power in a RJ45 connector to a 4-pin terminal block (A,B,+,–)
Bus converter. Enables connecting up to four 1-Wire (RJ11) sensors and dry contacts to the RS-485 bus.
- Inputs and outputs
|Poseidon 2250 snmp monitoring and logger, SNMP voltage & current logger, temperature sensor IP data logger, pt100 temperature sensor over rs-485, 4-20mA and pt-1000 probes, temperature humidity logger
modbus/tcp voltage input, snmp light sensor, rs485 temperature and humidity sensors, SNMP monitoring, snmp trap alert, email alert, web sms alert, remote sensors monitoring, web sensors, excel export
Similar and related products