Logging of temperature and humidity values, actual values can be downloaded over net (WEB, XML, Email, CSV). To save data it is not necessary working net, power supply is sufficient. You can import the saved data to Excel, for example.
The Poseidon model 2251 logs periodically values from connected sensors into internal Flash memory. It is possible to import the saved values into database or as a Excel file. It alerts to crisis events (temperature out of range, disconnected contact) via email.
- The device saves values even in case the network is not connected or does not work.
- The Poseidon 2251 synchronizes internal time over the network and keeps it for 2 weeks without power supply.
- We guarantee 10 years of data storage period.
Automatic sensor detection configures user over web interface as well as sensors names, saving period.
- SMS can be sent as alarming via GSM modem connected to RS-232
- 3 inputs to connect sensors of brake-type.
- IT bus - up to 10 sensors in budget-prices design (temperature /humidity) over up to 10m.
- Industrial bus - up to 31 sensors in industrial design (temperature, humidity, voltage, current) over up to 1000m.
Excel downloader 2.1.3
- Pharmacies: monitoring and recording of pharmaceuticals storage temperature
- Bakeries: monitoring and recording of production processes temperature
- Freezers: temperature monitoring and recording
- Food processing: monitoring and recording of values during technological processes, data for HACCP
- Air-conditioning: long-term monitoring of system setting
- Storages: technological temperature monitoring of temperatures, humidities and conditions
- Large buildings: optimising of heating and air-conditioning
- SCADA systems: connecting of external sensors inputs
>> Poseidon - application examples
>> Application study of the Poseidon family
What measures the Poseidon
The Poseidon model 2251 supports up to 42 sensors to monitor temperature, humidity, air-flow and other quantities. Each sensor monitors keeping the range of values. It notifies of exceeding range (Alarm state) via Email.
- Temperature (up to 42 sensors, up to 1000m, -55 °C ..
- Humidity (up to 25 sensors, up to 1000m)
- Digital input/contact (up to 3 smoke detectors, shake, motion,
flooding, angle, door close/open, air-flow etc.)
- General input (0..10V, 4..20mA – with external converter over RS-485)
>> Value sensors
Special features of the 2251 model
- Up to 42 sensors can be connected to one Poseidon 2251 unit over 2 busses.
- Wide sensors assortment, from inexpensive for household use to industrial sensors with 0.15 °C accuracy and -55 .. +640 °C operating range. (see. Value Sensors). Sensors can be connected over up to 1000m.
- No server nor PC is necessary to log values, power supply is sufficient.
- Built-in graphic WWW interface to configure and monitor values - screen shots
- Open communication protocols (WEB, Email, XML, Modbus/TCP)
- Notification of Alarm via Email over SMTP interface
- The Poseidon 2251 directly controls two external relays
- One of outputs can be used as a local Alarm signalization.
- Safety protected by password, IP range, HW protection against configuration changes
- For OEM partners, from 50 pieces and more, device name change is possible as well HTML design, contact list etc.
- Collaboration with most of SCADA systems (OPC server and I/O server over Modbus/TCP)
- Software and application:
- Supplied SW: Package of supporting programs and utils (UDP Config, PN Eye, Pos-Excel, PD Trigger and others)
- Development support: SDK (Software Development Kit) development libraries + examples (VB, Delphi, C, C#, etc.)
- Third parties SW application:
>> Poseidon model XXXX - model overview
Download and links
- WEB (HTML)
Values and sensor states are displayed on WWW page. The page is automatically reloaded every 5 seconds. Links such as Flash Setup,
update FirmWare and others.
All values as well as information about alarm states are available .XML file (values.xml)
and any application can read it from XML tags. ..more information
Modbus/TCP is industrial standard for input from sensors and SCADA systems.
All values are accessible over Modbus/TCP - ..more information
In case of contact switch or exceeding of "Safe Range", the sensor get to the Alarm status. To notify of this a Email including alarm status description is sent to configured email address - .. more information
>> Poseidon –
communication protocols .
HW interface - sensors connecting
Overview of all sensors in our assortment: Sensors and accessories
- Binary Input (Dry Contact inputs)
3 inputs to connect door contact or relay output (NO or NC)
- IT Bus (RJ12 1-Wire)
Inexpensive interface to connect up to 10 temperature probes over a total distance of 10 meters or less
- Industrial bus (RS-485)
Industrial interface, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters. The temperature, humidity and other sensors. The converters to current loop (4 to 20 mA) or platinum temperature sensors Pt100, Pt500, Pt1000 (2,3 or 4 conductor)
>> Poseidon sensor interface
HW interface - relay output
- 2 relay outputs
The Poseidon model 2251 supports two outputs for two external relay controlling. The outputs can be controlled over network (Flash Setup, XML).
- Output – Alarm status link: DTR output can be used for alarm signalization of any sensor. Warn light or horn can separately, independently on other software, signal critical status.
We recommend to use: PowerEgg, P1250 RC (Relay Cable), DIN relay
>> Poseidon interface
Poseidon 2251 technical specification
- Ethernet: RJ 45 - 10BASE-T / 10 Mbit/s
- Port 1: Industrial bus (RS-485 / RJ45)
- Port 2: IT bus (1-Wire / RJ12)
- Port 3: RS-232 (Cannon 9 Male connector)
- 3 Binary input: terminal board 3 contacts (0
- Device setting:
- Locally - RS-232 Setup
- UDP Config
- HTTP - graphic Flash interface
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Other applications: Third-party SNMP software
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
PD Trigger application example
With the PD Trigger application for Windows, it is possible to receive alarms (SNMP traps) from an unlimited number of Poseidon products and define conditions and actions based on the originating device and the probe name. For example:
- In case of air conditioning failure in server room A, send a SMS to Peter
- In case of alarm in server room B, send e-mail to Tom
- In case of electricity supply failure anywhere, send SMS to Peter and turn on a warning light at the receptionist's desk
>> Software for the Poseidon family
- How long it takes to supply ordered samples?
The Poseidon 2251 are kept on stock and sent during 24 to 48 hours.
After order confirmation, we inform you of approximate delivery time.
- What guarantee you offer?
Standard is 2 years, it can be extended after agreement.
- Where do I get prices?
From our distributors, or by request the price from HW group (Email or Form).
- How do I get price of the Poseidon, sensors and accessories for my project?
Send us email (see Contact) or Demand form. Note number of sensors, distances, what exactly you will measure and needed accuracy. Do not forget to mention what SW you are going to use to process data or what you from your program expect. Let us know where you are from so that we can recommend you installation company in your area.
- How do you supply the order?
We use several transport companies and FedEx for express shipments.
>> How to order a product
>> Fill-in online orderform
| 600 271
|Poseidon model 2251
|P1250 RC (Relay Cable) (Photo)
Converter for connecting of two relays to 12V Poseidon 1250 over RS-232
Detection of external AC voltage (110 to 230V), configurable AC output(110 to 230V)
Poseidon model 2251 accessories
Wall Brackets "A" size [600 023] - 2 side "L" shaped brackets for wall mounting
- DIN Rail box set [600 025] - holder of the unit on DIN bar
LapLink cable 2m [600 063]
Communication cable RS-232 LapLink to connect to PC.
- Power adapter
- Accessories for IT bus (1-Wire / RJ12)
- Accessories for Industrial bus (RS-485 / RJ45)
- S-Hub [600
Hub to connect up to 8 sensors over Industrial bus (RS-485) (8 RJ45)
- Sensor RJ45 MIDDLE cable [600 233] (details)
Connecting cable 0.5m long, 4 pins ( A,B,+,- ) from terminal board to RJ45 connector.
- Sensor RJ45 LAST cable [600 234] (details)
- Connecting cable 0.5m long, 4 outputs ( A,B,+,- ) from terminal board to RJ45 connector.
- Poseidon B-Cable reduction[[600
To convert RS-485 and power supply RJ45 connector to terminal board - 4 pins ( A,B,+,- )
- Accessories for Dry Contact Inputs
>> Order form
Related and similar products
- Poseidon Family - all Poseidon family products
- Sensors of temperature and humidity
- Temp1-Wire (inexpensive temperature sensor, up to 10 sensor up to 10 meters)
- Temp-232 (inexpensive temperature sensor, up to 15 meters)
- Temp-485 (indoor temperature sensor, up to 31 sensors up to 1000 meters)
(professional temperature sensor for indoor and outdoor use, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters)
- HTemp-485 (temperature and humidity sensor for indoor use, up to 31 sensors up to 1 000 meters)