Poseidon 4001: Cabinet Access Control System & Environment Monitor
Note: This product is out of production. Ask for details.
Poseidon 4001 is rack Access Control System and SNMP environment monitoring for 19" cabinets. It's solution for datacenter cabinets IP-based ACS integrated with remote rack monitoring.
The Poseidon 4001 is a two-in-one solution for monitoring probes (temperature, doors, voltage, power) and Access Control System (Swing handles, RFID reader). Supports an open and fully documented M2M interface (SNMP, XML).
- Control of physical access to the rack.
Connects to two swing handles that open the front and rear doors of the rack. Supports a M2M interface, or works with ready to use HWg-DCD software application (free for 8 cabinets). Door can be opened with a DIN key, over the Web interface, using a RFID reader, or with a SMS code from your GSM phone. Poseidon 4001 provide security access control.
- Monitoring of environment conditions in the rack, alarm alerts.
Supports up to 24 sensors (current consumption at 48V and 230V, temperature, smoke, flood, humidity, water leak, air flow, vibrations).
Poseidon 4001 is rack security solution. Can be connected with IP video surveillance systems – when the door opens, an IP camera can be turned to a specific cabinet, and recording can be started or stopped.
Providess a sending SMS alerts by local or remote GSM modem.
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
- WEB: Embedded WEB server / GUI
- Access Control: 2 swing handles HWg-SH1 & RFID reader supported
- Sensors: 4xRJ11 1-Wire UNI (max 16 sensors)
(Temperature, humidity, voltage, AC current, air flow, flood)
- Inputs: 6 dry contact inputs (for detectors)
(Smoke, power, water leak, door contact, air flow, entry to the room)
- Outputs: 2 output relays (24 VDC)
(Air conditioning, server power supply, horn / light tower)
- M2M protocols: SNMP, XML and Modbus/TCP
- Physical features: 10" or 19" rack mount, dimensions: 184 x 44 x 125 [mm] (1U)
- Power: 12V or 2x -48V or PoE (Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af)
- GSM modem: A GSM modem for sending text messages (SMS) can be connected to RS-232
- SMS Gateway: Device can send SMS by external "SMS GW" or be "SMS GW" for other devices.
- SMS + Ring when alarm: Supported
- RFID reader: RS-232 port can be used to RFID reader. Can't be used together with GSM modem.
- Response to thresholds: SNMP trap, E-mail, SMS
- Built-in functions: Output controlled with an input or sensor value ("Thermostat" mode).
- Warranty: 5 years
- Support for programmers: HWg SDK
- Supported software
- Cabinets remote monitoring
- Remote rack environment monitoring
- Computer room temperature
- SNMP environment monitoring system
- Datacenter Access Control (SNMP access control)
|HWg ACS (Access Control System)
- Highway technology sites
- Remote telecommunication cabinets
- Railway systems (remote doors control)
- Pharmacies / Hospitals (addictive drugs)
- Power line network
- Water pipelines monitoring sites
- Gas pipeline monitoring sites
- Airports (RFID access control)
- Military protected areas (lock control)
- IP surveillance systems (external sensors)
- Equipment status, access control systems
- Technology cabinet remote monitoring
- HWg-SH1: Southco H3-EM Electronic Locking Swinghandle (rack lock)
1-Wire UNI sensors
- Total bus length max 30 m
- Each sensor has its own SafeRange. When the range is exceeded (alarm), e-mail or SNMP trap is invoked.
Dry contact inputs (for detectors):
Digital outputs (relays)
- Electricity supply control: PowerEgg to detect and control 110/230V
>> More sensors
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Access Control System: HWg-DCD
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Simple Visualization: SNMPcap - I/O and sensors
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Other applications: Third-party SNMP software
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
>> Software for the Poseidon family
Ordering and FAQ
- Can I control SwingHandle SH1 in the browser?
Yes, you can open door in the browser or by M2M interface (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP).
- How can I plot the rack temperature in a graph?
To monitor temperature, use the supplied HWg-PDMS software.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "Poseidon.mib" file is available at the main webpage of the product. Click to MIB, save it and import it into your SNMP software.
- Is it possible to control an output using a sensor, e.g. switch on something if the temperature exceeds 35°C?
Yes, the output can be controlled with a "local condition". We call this the "Thermostat" mode. You can configure this mode and set the threshold temperature (35°C) on the "Outputs" tab.
- What is the maximum distance of sensors from the unit?
Contact-based probes can be connected over tens of meters. RJ11 1-Wire sensors can be connected max. 60 meters away, if you use one sensor per one Poseidon connector. If you use a T-Box hub, the total maximum length is 10 m.
- Where is the RS-485 bus?
Poseidon model 4002 does not support RS-485, use Poseidon 2250.
- How can I create a report with recorded temperatures?
Use the supplied HWg-PDMS software. Values recorded in the database can be displayed or exported to MS Excel.
- Can I send SMS alerts?
Poseidon 4002 supports e-mail warnings and SMS alerts.
To send SMS alerts locally, you need to connect a GSM modem with a SIM card inserted.
You can also send SMS alerts over remote "SMS GW" Poseidon device.
- Can I use Poseidon 4001 as standalone rack access control solution?
No, it require central online server for cabinet access control. You can use the SHg-SH3 for standalone RFID access control system.
- Can I use other locks than the HWg-SH1 (Southco H3-EM)?
Yes, we can recommend you lock solution compatible with yout cabinet environment. Our current customers use for example Dirak swing handle Basic line or EMKA lockagent system.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
- What is the warranty?
The standard warranty is 5 years, can be extended upon request.
>> Online order form
||Poseidon 4001 SH Tset
||HWg demo rack 10" SH3
||RFID reader 232-M1
||Convertor 232-M1 to DB9
||Frame for RFID reader 232-M1
||RFID card M1
- GSM Quadband TC55i
TC55i GSM Quadband modem to RS-232 serial port. Antenne and EU PWR adaptor included. Recommended for North & South America.
- Power adapter
SNMP access control, RFID access control, datacenter access control, rack monitoring, cabinet remote monitoring
rack security, security access control, rack temperature, rack cabinet, rack lock, rack access control, cabinet swing handle, cabinet access control, remote doors control, lock control, IP ACS, RFID access control system, southco H3-EM, dirak swing handle, emka lockagent
Similar and related products
- Poseidon Family - All products in the Poseidon line.
- HWg-SH1 H3-EM Electronic Locking Swinghandle
- HWg-SH2 Cabinet IP access system for two swing handles
- HWg-SH3 Cabinet IP access system with RFID & SNMP
- HWg-DCD DataCenter Dashboard (Access Control System)