Poseidon 4002: Rack mount environment monitoring
Poseidon 4002 is a 19" 1U rack mount system for datacenter temperature and environment monitoring. The Poseidon solution monitors racks and computer rooms (temperature, humidity, electricity supply, access to the room, detectors). Alerting works by e-mail, SNMP traps, SMS, output relays.
Poseidon 4002 is a complete system for environment monitoring in a rack or in a datacenter. The 4002 model can be mounted as a 1U device, or outside of the 42U space.
The Poseidon solution monitors a 19" rack or an entire server room. 18 sensors are supported (temperature, humidity, smoke, flood, electricity supply status or failure, entry to the room, digital inputs).
The Poseidon 4002 monitoring system fits into a 19" rack and is SNMP compatible. Two monitoring applications (PD Trigger and HWg-PDMS) are included free of charge.
Alerting to critical situations is performed by e-mail, SNMP Traps, SMS (GSM modem required) and output relays. The relays can be used, for example, to switch on a backup air-conditioning unit or to restart a server.
- Built-in web server, SNMP compatible
Up to 18 sensors can be connected
Humidity, smoke, temperature, flood, vibrations, entry to the room, air flow, water leak, input contacts, etc...
- PD Trigger and HWg-PDMS monitoring software free of charge
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
- WEB: Embedded WEB server / GUI
- Sensors: 4xRJ11 1-Wire UNI (max 12 sensors)
(Temperature, humidity, voltage, AC current, air flow, flood)
- Inputs: 6 dry contact inputs (for detectors)
(Smoke, power, water leak, door contact, air flow, entry to the room)
- Outputs: 2 output relays (24 VDC)
(Air conditioning, server power supply, horn / light tower)
- M2M protocols: SNMP, XML and Modbus/TCP
- Physical features: 10" or 19" rack mount, dimensions: 184 x 44 x 125 [mm] (1U)
- Response to thresholds: SNMP trap, E-mail, SMS
- GSM modem: A GSM modem for sending text messages (SMS) can be connected to RS-232
- SMS Gateway: Device can send SMS by external "SMS GW" or be "SMS GW" for other devices.
- SMS + Ring when alarm: Supported
- Built-in functions: Output controlled with an input or sensor value ("Thermostat" mode).
- Warranty: 5 years
- Support for programmers: HWg SDK
- Supported software
>> Poseidon model XXXX - overview of models
- Rack mount environment monitoring
- Remote rack monitoring
- Computer room temperature
- SNMP environment monitoring system
- A/C operation and water leak detection
- Computer room temperature
- Humidity in the datacenter (inside racks, in the A/C outlet, under the raised floor)
- Rack mount temperature monitoring system
UPS / back-up generator monitoring
Fuel level, diesel generator status, remote start over IP, monitoring of temperature and service contacts
- IP surveillance systems (external sensors)
- Equipment status, access control systems
1-Wire UNI sensors
- Total bus length max 4x60 m
- Each sensor has its own SafeRange. When the range is exceeded (alarm), e-mail or SNMP trap is invoked.
Dry contact inputs (for detectors):
Digital outputs (relays)
- Electricity supply control: PowerEgg to detect and control 110/230V
>> More sensors
How to monitor 6 cabinets (12 sensors) with one Poseidon 4002:
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Simple Visualization: SNMPcap - I/O and sensors
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Other applications: Third-party SNMP software
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
PD Trigger application example
With the PD Trigger application for Windows, it is possible to receive alarms (SNMP traps) from an unlimited number of Poseidon products and define conditions and actions based on the originating device and the probe name. For example:
- In case of air conditioning failure in server room A, send a SMS to Peter
- In case of alarm in server room B, send e-mail to Tom
- In case of electricity supply failure anywhere, send SMS to Peter and turn on a warning light at the receptionist's desk
>> Software for the Poseidon family
Ordering and FAQ
- How can I plot the temperature in a graph?
To monitor temperature, use the supplied HWg-PDMS software.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "Poseidon.mib" file is available at the main webpage of the product. Click to MIB, save it and import it into your SNMP software.
- Is it possible to control an output using a sensor, e.g. switch on something if the temperature exceeds 35°C?
Yes, the output can be controlled with a "local condition". We call this the "Thermostat" mode. You can configure this mode and set the threshold temperature (35°C) on the "Outputs" tab.
- Can I use Poseidon without a SNTP server?
Yes, of course. SNTP server is used to synchronize time and to initialize the clock after power up. However, the time shown in e-mails will be incorrect.
- What is the maximum distance of sensors from the unit?
Contact-based probes can be connected over tens of meters. RJ11 1-Wire sensors can be connected max. 60 meters away, if you use one sensor per one Poseidon connector. If you use a T-Box hub, the total maximum length is 10 m.
- Where is the RS-485 bus?
Poseidon model 4002 does not support RS-485, use Poseidon 2250.
- How can I create a report with recorded temperatures?
Use the supplied HWg-PDMS software. Values recorded in the database can be displayed or exported to MS Excel.
- Can I send SMS alerts?
To send SMS alerts locally, you need to connect a GSM modem with a SIM card inserted.
You can also send SMS alerts over remote "SMS GW" Poseidon device.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
- What is the lead time for ordered samples?
We keep Poseidon units in stock, samples are shipped within 24 to 48 hours.
When the order is confirmed, we inform you by e-mail about the approximate delivery date.
>> Online order form
|Poseidon 4002 Tset
|L profile 19" size
- L profile 19" size: 19" rack mount bracket for Poseidon 4xxx [600 377]
- GSM Quadband TC55i: TC55i GSM Quadband modem. Recommended for North & South America.
- Power adapter
|rack mount environment monitoring, 19" rack temperature monitoring system, snmp environment monitoring,
19" rack environment monitoring, datacenter temperature, computer room temperature, snmp environment monitoring system,
e-mail alerts, sms alerts
Similar and related products