FDR26 Optical Smoke Detector
FDR26 Optical Smoke Detector is designed to detect smoke and signal a fire alarm. If the detector senses smoke, a relay is activated. Since FDR26 does not react to temperature changes, it is suitable for installation in data centers and telco rooms.
Optical smoke detection reacts to smoke that enters the detection chamber. Presence of smoke is indicated by turning on a LED and switching a relay. Smoke is detected only if it directly "hits" the sensor. The alarm ends when the detection chamber is free of smoke particles.
When installing the smoke detector, please pay attention to the following guidelines:
- If the room to be protected is longer than 10 m (30 ft), use two detectors.
- The best placement is in the center of the ceiling. If the sensor cannot be placed in the center, install it at least 50 cm (2 ft) from the nearest corner of the room.
- Only install the detector on a wall if it is absolutely impossible to install it on the ceiling. Again, keep the detector at least 50 cm (2 ft) from the corners of the room. This is important for proper smoke detection.
- The sensor uses only the optical method to detect smoke. Temperature fluctuations do not cause false alarms. Therefore, FDR26 is suitable for installation e.g. in air-conditioned server rooms.
Testing the sensor with a magnet
On the top plastic cover, there is a "TEST" label near one of the LEDs. If a magnet is placed near this point, the detector is activated and signals an alarm. This test only tests the electronics and the output relay, the actual smoke detection is not tested.
With Poseidon or Damocles units, smoke detector status can be monitored over E-mail or SNMP.
- (2) +12V
- (5) GND
- (6) Relay
- (3) Relay
- Power: 10.5...14V DC
- Start-up time: 60 s
- Alarm indication: Red LED, switching a relay
- Relay contact: up to 1A / 30V DC (0.5A / 125V AC)
- Detection: Contains an optical detection chamber
- Protected area: Max. 40 m2 (430 sq. ft), max. height 7 m (22 ft)
- Distances: Max. distance between detectors 8 m (25 ft), max distance from a wall 4 m (13 ft)
- Operating temperatures: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Max. air velocity: 600 m/min
- Measuring period: 3 to 5 seconds
- Test: Alarm can be activated by holding a magnet near the TEST point
- Standard: Conforms to EN54-7
- Operating environment: Indoor
- Cover: IP 42 (EN 60 529)
We keep several units in stock.
|FDR26 Smoke Detector
||FDR26 Optical Smoke Detector - 12V DC, relay output (External product) - Photo
Similar and related products