HWg-CS33: S0 pulse counter with SNMP & Modbus/TCP output
Case study on connecting electricity, gas or water meters to the Ethernet and reading values over the SNMP or Modbus/TCP protocols.
Pulse outputs from 3rd party meters (S0 interface) are connected to the Damocles Ethernet I/O unit. Each Digital Input on the Damocles unit features a 32-bit pulse counter. The value of this counter can be read out over the web using most M2M protocols (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP).
- Works with any 3rd party energy meter with pulse output (S0)
- S0 pulse output from the meter is connected to a digital input (DI). The Damocles unit works as a s0 pulse counter with Ethernet output.
- M2M output: SNMP, Modbut/TCP, XML (HTTP)
- Software: PDMS + XML overview to MS Excel
- Electricity consumption monitoring for datacenters
- S0 to SNMP conversion
- S0 to Modbus/TCP conversion (most SCADA systems)
- Energy consumption monitoring
- Digital pulse counter
- Can be used with existing 3rd party energy meters
(S0 pulse output required)
- Compatible with any S0 electricity / gas / water meter
- The HWg-PDMS software allows conversion of pulses to [kWh] / [m3] / [l] and consumption analysis within a defined time period.
- Several Damocles models available, with 4, 12 or 24 Digital Inputs
- The 3rd party energy meter must have a S0 pulse output.
- The S0 output is connected to a Digital input of the Damocles unit.
There are several models availale with 4, 12 or 24 Digital Inputs (DI). All Damocles units feature a has 32-bit digital counter on every DI.
- The number of S0 pulses is directly proportional to the amount of consumed energy (e.g. 1000 pulses = 1 kWh). This ratio is specific for the particular 3rd party energy meter.
- Pulse counters can be checked using the web (flash) interface of the Damocles unit.
- Pulse counters for each DI (each energy meter) are available over the LAN through the following protocols:
- XML (over HTTP)
- The counters can be analyzed in the HWg-PDMS software.
- PDMS collects data from all connected sensors.
- In PDMS, pulses can be converted to energy (for example 1000 pulses = 1kWh)
- PDMS can correctly handle device restarts and counter resets
- PDMS can export energy consumption to MS Excel as a list of 5 or 15 minute differences
Damocles WEB interface for DI counters
XML format of the S0 pulse counter
SNMP output of the S0 pulse counter
|s0 pulse counter, s0 to ethernet, ethernet pulse counter, S0 to SNMP, S0 to Modbus-tcp, digital pulse counter, DI pulse count, snmp pulse counter, energy consumption monitoring, s0 electricity meter, water meter with S0 output