Poseidon2 3468 supports up to 8 sensors connected over 1-Wire UNI / 1-Wire and up to 4 detectors connected to digital inputs. Poseidon2 3468 can control 2 digital 230 V / 16 A relay outputs, as well as up to 8 virtual digital outputs (VDO) at remote Poseidon2 or Damocles2 units (M2M).
In addition to the standard 9–30 V power input, Poseidon2 3468 can be powered from -48 V to enable easy use in Telco solutions.
A built-in web server is used for configuring. The device can be monitored remotely over the internet using the free SensDesk portal in combination with the SensDesk Mobile application for iOS and Android. It works with HWg-PDMS and HWg-Trigger.
Poseidon2 devices are designed to monitor and control sensors and digital I/O over the network using secure M2M protocols (HTTPs, IPv6, SNMPv3). With support for over 50 SNMP and SCADA applications, Poseidon2 devices can be integrated in a wide range of monitoring and control systems. MQTT protocol enables integration in IoT solutions.
- 8x 1-Wire UNI/1-Wire Input; 4x Digital Input; Data Logger for more than 250.000 records; Digital Inputs feature 32-bit S0 pulse counters that retain their value even if the power fails
- 2x Relay Output 230V/16A; 8x Virtual Digital Output
- 5x SNMP Trap; 5x E-mail; 5x "SMS+Ring" (via external GSM gateway or modem)
- MQTT compatibility allows connecting to IoT Hub, MS Azure, AWS IoT, Bluemix Internet of Things and other cloud services.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server.
- A sensor value out of a set safe range as well as a DI state change sends an alert by e-mail, SMS, SNMP Trap, or activates a remote relay at another Poseidon2 of Damocles2 unit.
- For Ring or SMS alarm use the HWg-Trigger software (external GSM modem required), or a HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN.
- Virtual Digital Outputs (VDO) can be mapped to physical digital outputs (relays) of other Poseidon2 or Damocles2 units on the same LAN.
- With the HWg-PDMS software, S0 pulses can be converted to cost per time period and exported to MS Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW (SCADA etc.). Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Remote thermostat / cabinet monitoring
- Monitor doors, power supply status, temperature / humidity, dry contacts.
- Industrial applications
- Remote monitoring of dry contacts, 4-20mA probes or Pt100 / Pt1000 temperature probes. Values are logged to the internal memory.
- Monitoring at –48V telco nodes
- Monitoring of power supply, back-up generators or UPS Fuel level, diesel generator status, remote start over IP, monitoring of temperature and service interface (Dry contacts).
- Pharmaceuticals and food storage– temperature logging
- Monitoring of storage conditions – warehouses, cooling plants, freezers, refrigerators. Application software can create HACCP reports.
- Smart buildings
Poseidon2 3468 is designed for telco or industrial applications. Based on external sensor readings, Poseidon2 3468 sends alerts or activates relay outputs. Relay outputs can be controlled remotely over the Web, or using M2M protocols (XML, SNMP, Modbus/TCP). Output relays can directly switch 110/230VAC.
Sends an e-mail or SNMP Trap whenever a sensor value exceeds the specified range. Minimum duration condition can be set for alerts to closed contacts (activated digital inputs). For example, “send an e-mail if the door is open for longer than 120 seconds”.
A typical application is an “IP thermostat” or “hygrostat” (humidity controller). The relays control heating or cooling using an external temperature probe, humidity probe (hygrometer) or other sensor.