Ares12 / 14: GSM Thermometer with E-mail (GPRS) and SMS alerts
Product replaced by a new generation Ares 10 / Ares 12.
Ares12 and 14 is a remote environment monitoring solution that can be used at any place with GSM coverage. Contains a battery for several hours of backup. Alerts to power failures by email or SMS (up to 5 phone numbers). Data can be read into HWg-PDMS (free software), connected to a Web portal or to a SCADA/NMS system.
Ares collects and records data from connected sensors. Stored values can be sent to any system. Values outside of a specified range trigger an e-mail (over GPRS) or a text message (SMS) to multiple recipients.
Ares12 differs from HWg-Ares14 in the number of supported 1-Wire UNI sensors. Both versions include two digital (dry contact) inputs and support temperature, humidity, illumination, voltage and other 1-Wire UNI sensors.
Measured data can be natively imported into HWg-PDMS, a Windows application. Data can be sent directly to a server, or attached to a periodic e-mail report.
- Internal battery can supply power to HWg-Ares12 and its connected sensors for several hours.
- Comfortable configuration over USB simplifies installation of the unit.
- Remote firmware upgrade (FOTA) capability simplifies management of large-scale installations with hundreds of devices.
- The “HWg-Ares12 Tset” quick start set contains a temperature sensor, an universal power adapter and an external antenna.
- Whenever a power outage or a sensor value outside of a specified range is detected, Ares12 rings a specified number and sends a customizable e-mail or text message.
- HWg-Ares is ready for data transfer over IP (GPRS) to third-party systems.
- Ares12 cooperates with the SensDesk web portal.
- A special driver is needed for connecting to a NMS.
HW group is working on a “HWg-Push driver for Nagios” to connect LAN and GSM sensors.
Applications and usage examples
- GPRS monitoring of a server room without connecting to the local LAN
- Diesel generators – environment and status monitoring
- Back-up power supply systems
- ATM (Automatic Teller Machines) environment monitoring
- Cooling systems and coolers
- Antennas and microwave links
- Technology along roads, highways, or railroad tracks
- Road surface or railroad track temperature and status
- Temperature and displacement of structures
- Storages of food or materials
- Art exhibits and depositories
- Agricultural production premises (greenhouses, granaries, etc.)
- Electricity distribution networks (transformer stations, lines)
- Water source monitoring, including technical equipment status
- Monitoring of appliances with consumable, refillable content (vending machines for coffee, sandwiches or drinks, massage chairs, ...)
- GSM/GPRS: Quad-Band 850/900 / 1800/1900 MHz - SMA antenna connector
- Configuration: Over USB, configuration utility on a “Mass storage” drive, no need to install
- FW upgrade: Over USB, or FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) over GPRS
- Power: 9–30 VDC / 0.5 A external power
- Internal battery: Powers the device + sensors for 3–8 hours (depending on sensors)
- Battery life: 5 to 12 years (depending on type, usage, and operating temperatures)
- Flash log: 2 Mb / 170.000 records
(e.g. 3 sensors @ 5 mins = 200 days)
- DI (Digital Inputs): 2x DI (for dry contact status detectors), pulse counter (S0 pulses)
- Sensors: 2xRJ11 for 1-Wire UNI
- HWg-Ares12: Supports 3 sensors
- HWg-Ares14: Supports 14 sensors
- 1-Wire UNI
- Light intensity
- 0-30A AC
- Water flood
- 0-60V DC
- Pt100 / Pt1000
- Digital inputs
- Smoke detector
- 110/230V power detector
- Air flow detector
- Motion detector (PIR)