Damocles 1208: I/O over Ethernet
Product replaced by a new generation Damocles2 1208.
Damocles 1208 is a device with 12 remote inputs and 8 outputs over Ethernet with Web interface. M2M communication for connection to SNMP and SCADA systems. Pulse counters on digital inputs. E-mail and SNMP trap notifications of input state changes. Box-2-Box mode - outputs can be controlled over the LAN by another device.
Damocles 1208 provides digital inputs (DI) and digital outputs (DO) that can be remotely controlled over the Web.
Inputs and outputs can also be controlled over the network using M2M protocols (SNMP, Modbus/TCP, XML over HTTP).
When an input dry contact state is changed (closed/open), Damocles sends an e-mail with customizable text and/or a SNMP Trap.
- Pulse counter on every input (32 bits)
- Box-2-Box mode: Outputs can be controlled over the IP network using sensors of another device
- M2M protocols: SNMP, Modbus/TCP, XML (over HTTP)
Typical application of Damocles 1208 involves energy consumption monitoring by counting pulses from meters. The HWg-PDMS application converts pulses to kWh per time period and creates MS Excel output reports.
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
- WEB: Built-in web server
- Inputs: 12 digital inputs (for dry contacts)
- Outputs: 8 digital outputs (open collector, max. 24V)
- Box-2-Box mode: Outputs are activated by alerts from other devices (Poseidon / Damocles)
- Pulse Counter: 32. bit counter on each Digital Input (for connecting S0 pulses)
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP
- Reaction to changes at the input: SNMP trap, Email (editable text)
- Mechanical: 140 x 90 x 40 [mm], wall-mountable, fits on a DIN rail
- Support for programmers: HWg SDK
- Supported software
- HWg-PD Trigger: Controls other IP devices, redirects alarms to SMS
- HWg-PDMS: Logging,conversion of pulses to energy, export to MS Excel, reports
- CapTemp: Visualization on a map, control of outputs, alarm redirection to SMS
- >> Third-party SNMP software
Box-2-Box mode lets you use a Damocles unit as remote outputs. Outputs of the Damocles unit signal the OK or Alarm states of sensors and inputs at other devices. Any Poseidon, Damocles or HWg-WLD device can activate the outputs of a Damocles 1208 unit over the network. This feature does not require any software.
- High temperature at the air conditioning outlet (Poseidon 3262) turns on a warning light in the IT department in another building (Damocles digital output).
- 7 water leak detectors laid out in one floor of an office building control outputs O1 through O7 over IP. All outputs control a warning light and a horn. In case of flooding, the horn sounds, and the indication of output states on the Damocles 1208 unit informs the operator about the exact zone.
AN37: Box-2-Box Connection: Poseidon >> Damocles
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Simple Visualization: SNMPcap - I/O and sensors
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Command line control: PosDamIO - Command-line control of inputs and outputs (see AN29)
- Other applications: Third-party software for Poseidon & Damocles
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
Energy consumption metering and export to MS Excel
Digital inputs on the Damocles unit support pulse counting. Each DI (Digital Input) is equipped with a 32-bit pulse counter, minimum pulse width is 50 ms. Current count can be checked over the web interface. Damocles can transfer your monthly electricity consumption in kWh from your electricity meter to MS Excel.
- Use an electricity meter with pulse outuput (e.g. 100 pulses/kWh per IEC 62053-1 (S0) standard)
- Connect the pulses to Damocles DI
- Connect the input to HWg-PDMS, set the coefficient (100 pulses/kWh) in detailed configuration
- HWg-PDMS generates an overview of energy consumption over a given period, either automatically or on-demand
- Set a price per kWh and charge your customers
- What is the difference between Damocles and Poseidon?
Poseidon supports many sensors and only a few inputs and outputs.
Damocles only supports dry contact inputs and outputs. Damocles features pulse counters at each input and Modbus/TCP protocol support in all models. Only a Damocles unit can work as the output for the Box-2-Box mode based on SNMP traps and input/sensor names.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote by (e-mail or by filling out this form).
- Can I use Damocles inputs to control remote outputs?
Yes, Damocles can serve either as the input or as the output in Box-2-Box mode. Keep in mind that SNMP Traps only transfer status changes.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "Damocles.mib" file is available for download from the device GUI. Simply click the "MIB" link, save the file and import it into your SNMP software.
- Can I use Damocles 1208 with my SCADA software?
Yes, it is usually easiest to use the MODBUS/TCP protocol. For details, see the manual or AN28 ( Damocles family & Modbus/TCP).
- Can I customize the e-mail text?
Yes, Damocles supports simple macros for user-defined e-mail formats.
- What is the lead time for ordered samples?
We keep Damocles 1208 units in stock, samples are shipped within 24 to 48 hours.
When the order is confirmed, we inform you by e-mail about the approximate delivery date.
- What is the warranty?
The standard warranty is 2 years, can be extended upon request.
- How do you ship?
We work with several shipping companies, and we use FedEx for express deliveries.
>> Online order form
||Damocles 1208 SET
- Power adapter
- Sensors(smoke, door contact, power, air flow, ...)
- Inputs and outputs
|Damocles 1208, remote output control, I/O over Ethernet, I/O snmp, I/O xml, dry contact snmp, box-2-box, SNMP Trap
dry contact xml, DO control remote, web I/O, modbus tcp I/O, M2M IP I/O, dry contact email, pushbutton e-mail, IP pulse counter, electricity meter, energy pulse counter
Similar and related products