Damocles model 2404
Product replaced by a new generation Damocles2 2404.
Damocles model 2404 is the unit of the digital inputs
and outputs controlled over web. Apart from email, www graphical interface,
also networks protocols are supported (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP and others..).
|Damocles model 2404 unit accesses
24 digital inputs (galvanic isolated) and 4 relay outputs over
Ethernet network. This model supports the connection of temperature
sensor over RS-232 interface.
The input and output values and the relay control are accessible
from any internet browser or by network protocols.
Damocles is intended for the use in industry, this version supposes
mounting on the DIN rail, the unit can be situated in 19“ RACK
or in the telecommunication environment.
- 24 Digital inputs : All galvanic isolated
- 4 Relay outputs: NO and NC contacts available
- Temperature sensor input: Can be connected over RS-232
- Sensor value out of range: sending Email or SNMP Trap to several recipients.
|>> Sample order
|| >> Damocles family |
- Control the relay over the network – relay can be switched on by
three clicks on the mouse
- Monitoring of the temperature sensors, opened door detection, motion
and dangerous gas detectors and others
- Processing of external inputs and outputs in the telecommunications
- Connection of external inputs into the SCADA systems
- Remote monitoring of Diesel aggregates and other technologies over
- Intelligent buildings (measurement of the temperatures, stop contacts,
- Camera systems (door-contacts, PIR sensors..)
Basic features of the 2404 model
- Ethernet - RJ45 (10BASE-T -IEEE 802.3)
- 24 digital inputs (galvanic isolated) - possibility of the
connection of the contact
- 4 relay inputs - relay contacts (NC and NO)
- Temperature sensor on the RS-232 interface - Temp-232
(-10 up to +80 °C, into 20 meters distance)
- Intuitive graphical WWW interface (FLASH Setup) for very
easy setting (screen view)
- Opened communication protocols (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP and
- Alarm alert
- E-mail (SMTP)
- SNMP Trap
- SMS in the GSM network (over supplied software)
- Access passwords
- Range of IP adrresses
- HW protection: You can prohibit the configuration change
by the setting of mechanical switch on the device
- It´s possible update FirmWare over WWW or RS-232, you can
download the last version from our www pages
- Free SDK (Software Development Kit) library with the application
(Visual Basic, Delphi, C++, .NET ...)
OEM partners, from the series of 50 pieces we can change the
device name, HTML pages design, contact summary etc...
>> Damocles model XXXX
Download and links
- WEB (HTML)
State of digital inputs and outputs is displayed on WWW page. The page
is automatically reloaded each 5 seconds. On the main page, there
are links of Flash Setup, update FirmWare and others..
All values, the informations about the alarm states including, are
accessible in .XML file (values.xml) and for any application it´s
easy read them from XML tags - more
SNMP is protocol for administration of telecommunication devices,
network infrastructure and related technologies. Damocles is fully
controlled over SNMP - more
Modbus/TCP is industry standard for input of values from the sensors
into visualization and SCADA systems. All sensors values are accessible
over Modbus/TCP - more informations..
- SNMP Traps
In the case of alarm situation, it sends SNMP Trap with
the description of alarm state at defined IP address - more
Apart SNMP Trap, it´s possible, in the case of alarm situation,
send email at the defined email address with the description
of alarm state - more
– communication protocols.
- 24x Digital inputs (Dry Contact)
Damocles 2404 has 24 digital inputs (galvanic isolated) for the connection
of voltage (5-20V) or contacts (door contacts, PIR sensors, motion
detectors, stop sensors etc.)
- 4x relay outputs
Damocles 2404 supports 4 digital outputs like relay contacts. For each
output 1x NC and 1x NO.
Damocles 2404 makes possible the software connection of one temperature
sensor over RS-232 interface.
Temp-232 (-10 up to +80 °C distance: up to 20 meters)
Technical specification of Damocles 2404
- Ethernet: RJ 45 (10BASE-T - IEEE802.3)
- Port 1: RS-232 (connector Cannon 9 Male), possibility of
connection of temperature sensor
- 24x Digital input: prepared for directly connection of contacts
- 4x Relay output: relay contacts NC and NO
- Device setting:
- Locally - RS-232 Setup - IP address setting etc..
- UDP Config - IP address setting etc.. - operates
remotely over the network, but only on the local segment of the
- Over HTTP - graphical interface Flash - ensured by password
and defined range of IP addresses.
| + Interface
|| RJ45 (10BASE-T) – 10 Mbit or 10/100 Mbit network
|+ Supported protocols
||IP: ARP, TCP/IP (HTTP, Modbus over TCP), UDP/IP (SNMP)
|+ SNMP compatibility
|| Ver:1.00 compatible, some parts of the ver 2.0 implemented
|Serial port 1 DB9M - RS-232
| + RS-232 interface
|| RxD,TxD,RTS,CTS,GND (max. 1 sensor,
up to 20 m)
||Standard IBM PC - DB9M (RxD,TxD,RTS,CTS,
| + 24x Contact inputs (Dry contact)
|| Galvanic isolated 5-20V, max distance 30m,
connect it with a contact directly (dry contact).
| + 4x Relay contacts
||up to 5A/110V AC or 5A/24V DC
1x NC and 1x NO for every output
| LED Status indicators
| + POWER
|| Green - power
| + LINK & Activity
|| Green - Ethernet
| + Alarm & RS-232 Setup
|| Red - blinking
- Device is in the RS-232 Setup mode
- lit - One (or more) of the input is in Alarm State
| DIP SWITCH configuration
| + DIP1 - RS--232 Setup mode
|| ON = RS-232 Setup mode over
Port 1 (RS-232 mode only)
OFF = Run mode
| + DIP2 - Security
|| ON = Security mode - remote configuration
OFF = Non-Security mode - remote configuration enabled
| + DIP3-8
|| Not used
| Physical parameters
|+ Voltage requirements
||12-24 V/ 600 mA DC- coaxial power connector (barrel),
GND on the shield
Another possibility is to connect power directly to the terminal board
| + Dimensions
|| 40 x 140 x 80 [mm] (H x W x D )
| + Weight
|| 500 g
|Device SETUP configuration possibilities
|| - RS-232 Setup - over any RS-232 terminal
- UDP Config - IP address assign via UDP with using Hercules
- TCP Setup - Terminal configuration and sensors management
- WWW Setup - HTTP Flash application
|Port 1 - DB9M
|Example of inputs connection
||Request to Send
||Clear to Send
Which software use?
- We recommend:
- monitoring of production processes, values logging, unlimited
numbers of sensors, unlimited numbers of Damocles unities
- Other software:
>> Software for Damocles family
- How long does it take to supply ordered samples?
We keep Damocles 2404 unities in stock, we send the samples within
24 or 48
At the confirmation of your order, we send you email including term
- What kind of guarantee do you provide?
Standard guarantee is 2 years, it´s possible extend it by contract.
- Where I can find the prices of devices?
You can ask our distributors
or ask for price (by Email or
- Where I can find the price of Damocles and accessories for my
Send us email (see Contacts),
or Demand form. Introduce
more informations about your project, how many Damocles unities and
which accessories do you need. Don´t fotget write us in which software
data will be processed or what do you expect from the program. Write
us where are you come from too. We can recommend you the installation
company in your neigbourhood.
- Can I pay by card?
Yes, but not on-line. Fulfill your order in our on-line form, press
the key and the form is printed. In printed form fulfill data from
your credit card, sign it and fax it on our number.
Or you can pay by bank transfer.
- How you will deliver
We use a couple of delivery companies, for express delivery we use
>> Ways of products order
| 600 231
|Damocles model 2404 (photo)
| 600 270
|Damocles model 2404 set (photo)
Recommended evalueation start set for the work with Damocles 2404.
| 600 277
|Damocles model 2404 Tset (photo)
Start set for the work with Damocles 2404 unit, temperature sensor included.
LapLink cable 2m [600
Communication cable RS-232 LapLink for the connection to PC.
- PowerEgg - (photo)
Detection of external AC voltage (110 up to 230V), controllable AC
input (110 up to
- Temperature sensor
- Inputs and outputs
>> How to order our products
Similar and related products