I/O Controller 2: Porta Serial Completa e I/O para Ethernet
I/O Controller 2 conecta uma porta serial RS-232(485) e entradas e saídas digitais (I/O) para Ethernet. Dois dispositivos podem ser conectados “back-to-back” para canalizar uma porta serial e I/O para a rede.
Note: Shorted version - full details in english version.
Entradas digitais são usadas para conectar reles externos ou botoeiras de pressão. Da mesma forma 8 saídas podem ser conectadas a reles externos. As entradas/saídas podem ser controladas via Web, Modbus/TCP, ou protocolo Telnet NVT.
A porta serial pode ser acessada usando protocolo Telnet, ou redirecionada a uma porta virtual do Windows (ex. COM 27). A porta serial completa suporta todos os 9 sinais e assegura a correta operação.
Uma aplicação interessante, uma comunicação serial e I/Os podem ser estendidas (“tunneled”) entre duas unidades controladoras I/O sobre uma rede IP.
Outra aplicação seria incluir periféricos (leitores de códigos de barras RS232, botoeiras, indicadores de status) a um sistema central em um ambiente de manufatura.
Photos: 1 2 3 4 Web interface: 1 2
- Ethernet: RJ45 (100BASE-T / 100 Mbit/s)
- Configuração: Web, Telnet
- Interface Serial: 1x porta serial full RS-232 ou RS-485
- Porta serial RS-232 Completa: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD (115,200 Bd)
- Entradas: 8 entradas digitais (para contatos secos) / 5-20V
- Saídas : 8 saídas digitais (coletor aberto)
- Modo Box-2-Box: Duas unidades podem ser conectadas “back-to-back” sobre a redes, comunicando as entradas e saídas e porta serial.
- Protocolo M2M: http, Modbus/TCP, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server
- Suporte a programadores: HWg-SDK
- HW VSP software Gratuito: Porta virtual para Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Suporta até 100 portas seriais remotas. HW VSP é o software mais popular no mundo para portas virtuais para Windows no mundo!
- HWg IPRC cmd utility: Command-line utility for remote control of outputs (Windows and Linux)
Full RS-232 serial port
- I/O Controller 2 offers a full hardware RS-232 serial port
- The HW VSP application (Virtual Serial Port) supports full serial ports
- For 3rd party SW implementations, RFC2217 can be used
- I/O Controller 2 also supports 9-bit data transfer over the serial port
- I/O Controller 2 can be used as an Ethernet com port (remote serial port)
- Link up to eight buttons / switches with a SW application.
- Connect your RS-232 devices to your LAN – barcode / RFID scanners, serial printers, displays.
- The outputs can, for example, open a door, turn on a horn, or disconnect power – remotely over the network.
- I/O can be controlled over Modbus/TCP from any SCADA system, independently of the serial line
Box-2-Box mode - 1 to 1 (two units against each other)
- Extension of RS-232 or RS-485 range over the network
- Digital Inputs at one device control Digital Outputs at the other device, 1 to 1 (peer-to-peer)
Box-2-Box mode - 1 to N (one unit against several units)
- Transmission channel 8 DI to N times 8 DO.
- Switching the Digital Input on one device switches the Digital Outputs of several devices.
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- Remote status checks of PIR sensors, door contacts and security systems
- Card readers, RFID
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- UPS control and logging devices
- Barcode scanners
- UDP Config – Configuring the product IP address, further configuration over the WEB
- Hercules – Configuration (IP address, Telnet configuration) + testing utility for Windows (Serial, UDP and TCP terminal)
- HWg IPRC cmd – Command-line control of outputs
- HW VSP – Free HW Virtual Serial Port for Windows.
I/O Controller is also supported by the VSP Multi version that supports up to 100 virtual serial ports on a single PC.
- TCP/IP Server [Telnet Client -> Server]
I/O Controller, as a TCP server, listens for incoming TCP connections from a computer (a PC or a server). When the connection is established, data in the internal buffer are transmitted, and then bidirectional communication can take place, similarly to a common "terminal server".
Digital inputs and outputs can be controlled with a M2M protocol that uses an extension of RFC2217, as long as NVT support is enabled.
- TCP/IP Client/Server [Telnet Server <- Client]
I/O Controller has received some data into its internal buffer from the serial port (or has detected a change at the digital inputs) and attempts to send it to the server. The unit tries to establish a connection to the specified outgoing IP address and port. If unsuccessful, it waits for about one second in the TCP server mode and then tries to establish the connection again.
Digital inputs and outputs can be controlled with a M2M protocol that uses an extension of RFC2217, as long as NVT support is enabled and the TCP connection is established.
- WEB [Configuration]
Configuration and control of I/O over a WEB interface
- Modbus/TCP [I/O control]
Serial port cannot be controlled. Digital inputs and outputs are controlled using the Modbus/TCP M2M protocol.
- VSP (Virtual serial port)
The HW VSP software, when installed on a PC with Windows, creates a virtual serial port (e.g. COM7), and the serial port at the I/O Controller then works as a physical port of your PC. When buffering is enabled, data are again stored to Flash whenever the TCP connection is disconnected.
Data are sent as UDP packets, without delivery acknowledgments.
In the UDP mode, the device uses a sophisticated "packetiser" that allows you to specify broad conditions about what should be sent from the serial line to the Ethernet, what should not, and when. Digital inputs and outputs cannot be controlled in the UDP mode.
FAQ & Support
- Where can I find product pricing?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote from us (by e-mail or by filling out this form).
- What is the warranty?
The standard warranty for this product is 2 years, can be extended upon request.
- Does the I/O Controller 2 fit on a DIN rail?
Yes, it is possible to add a standard DIN rail bracket – available as an accessory.
- Is it possible to control the outputs and read the inputs over a WEB interface?
Yes, I/O Controller 2 lets you control the I/O over the WEB interface.
- Where can I get another set of connectors for connecting the unit?
All necessary connectors are supplied. Replacement connectors can be ordered from us.
- Can I control the product from my own SW application? Where can I find a description of the protocol?
Yes, use Modbus/TCP or Telnet control over NVT (see the documentation). For programming examples, see our HWg-SDK.
- How long does it take to deliver the packet informing about a digital input change?
In a standard network, the time cannot be determined accurately because it depends on the network load and other factors. In any case, I/O Controller attempts to establish the connection and send the data as fast as possible within the relevant specifications. Experience shows that even in high-load networks, the information can be sent within 15–25ms. If the system immediately sets the output to a defined state, the overall response time ranges around 20–40ms.
- Does the I/O Controller inform a TCP Server about changes at its digital inputs, or whenever data are received through the serial port?
Yes, there are two cases to consider:
(a) A TCP connection is established – Changes at the digital inputs are signaled by sending a NVT sequence with the new digital input states through the TCP connection.
(b) No TCP connection is currently open – In the "TCP Client/Server" mode, the unit attempts to open a TCP connection in the TCP Client mode to the specified TCP server and send a NVT sequence with the new digital input states through the newly established TCP connection. If the connection attempt fails, the change notification is discarded (it is NOT stored in the internal buffer).
|I/O Controller 2 SET
||Recommended set for getting acquainted with the product. Includes: I/O Controller 2, power adapter, test board, CD.
|I/O Controller 2
||I/O Controller 2 unit only, no power adapter etc.
|DIN Rail box set
||DIN rail mounting set
I/O Controller 2, full serial port, serial port and I/O to Ethernet, RS-232/485 to IP, Modbus/TCP, serial terminal server, com to ethernet, full rs-232 over LAN
serial converter, com port to ethernet, ethernet com port, full serial port to IP, Device server with IO, DI & DO to Ethernet, free virtual serial port,
Porta serial, conversor