SensDesk.com: Free online portal for LAN and GSM sensors
HW group s.r.o. produces LAN and GSM sensors for measuring temperature, humidity, energy consumption, and more. HW group is the first producer of “LAN and GSM monitoring” products to offer a free online portal to its customers. The www.SensDesk.com online service displays and processes online readings from sensors by HW group.
The function of the SensDesk.com portal is similar to a cloud application. There is no need for complex configuration of LAN or GSM sensors. No need to configure NAT or firewall. Just a single click and the connection to the portal is active. After that, the user can, for instance, check the temperature in the refrigerator at home or in the server room at work – from anywhere, over the web or on a smartphone.
The portal can monitor electricity meters, temperature, voltage or current sensors, water detectors, light intensity sensors, gas meters, and many others. Sensors, detectors and meters are connected to the portal using various HW group products. The portal then alerts the user by e-mail or text message (SMS) to broken communication or sensor disconnection or malfunction.
A major benefit is the SensDesk mobile app for iPhone and Android smartphones. It is available free of charge in your app store.
The SensDesk.com online service is ideal even for small projects. Customers that find robust SNMP monitoring systems too complex for their needs can benefit from this new service. In just a few minutes, SensDesk.com can provide effective and reliable monitoring of customer's technology without any additional monthly costs. There is no need to install complex systems or buy another customer-side server.
- The SensDesk.com portal is free of charge to use, there are no monthly fees
- Mobile app for iPhone / Android
- E-mail / SMS alerts
- Dashboard: Single webpage with readings from all sensors.
- Alarms: Sends an e-mail alert or a text message upon sensor malfunction / value out of its safe range.
- SensDesk Mobile: Status overview in a mobile phone app for iPhone and Android.
- Simple configuration: HW group products can be connected to the portal with a single click.
- Both the portal and the mobile app are provided free of charge, no monthly fees.
- Up to 10 devices (IP addresses / SIM cards) can be connected to a single account.
- There is no limit to the number of sensors per account.
- Sensors data history is kept for 3 months.
- Device or link failure notification (Heartbeat) for each device.
- No installation, GSM and LAN sensors can be connected to the portal with a single click.
- Sensors can be displayed on a map and filtered by location.
- Detailed remote configuration of GSM devices (Ares family).
- Charts of values for a specified period.
- Only HW group products that support the HWg-Push protocol can be connected.
- Fast response – sensor readings are updated every 15 minutes, or within 30 seconds if the reading changes (configurable).
- Portal outputs can be connected to other systems (M2M solution, IoT platform).
- Sensor value – value out of the specified safe range
- Sensor disconnected – device is accessible but the monitored sensor is disconnected
- Device disconnected – device is not available in SensDesk.com for more than 30 minutes
Supported devices (LAN and GSM sensors)
- Ares 12: GSM/GPRS thermometer with text messages and E-mail
- Ares 14: Remote sensor monitoring over GSM (GPRS)
- HWg-STE plus: Web thermometer with two digital inputs for dry contacts
- HWg-PWR 3/12/25: Smart M-Bus gateway for energy consumption monitoring
- Poseidon2 3266: Remote sensor monitoring over LAN
- Poseidon2 3268: Ethernet I/O control and sensor monitoring system
- Poseidon2 3468: IP thermostat with 230V/16A-rated relay outputs
- Poseidon2 4002: Data center environment monitoring
- HWg-SMS-GW2: GSM gateway for sending SMS alarms from other products
- Air-conditioning monitoring: Monitoring air-conditioning units for IT equipment
- Remote environment monitoring in IT: Power supply status, UPS, temperature and humidity monitoring, access control
- Remote monitoring of technology / machinery: Status overview for all machinery and related equipment
- Construction technology: Remote monitoring of concrete hardening, wood drying or other processes
- Energy: Remote monitoring of diesel-generator status over GSM / energy consumption monitoring at multiple sites
- Medicine: Temperature monitoring in refrigerators
Portal user interface
Monitoring the air-conditioning at two customers' premises
- An external IT consultant administers three server rooms for two different customers.
- One customer uses their own SNMP monitoring.
- The IT consultant created a SensDesk.com account, and thanks to the mobile app, always has an overview of the environment conditions (temperature, power, UPS, smoke and water detection) at each server room.
- Alarms alert to:
- Failure of any air-conditioning unit
- Power failure anywhere
- Communication failure lasting longer than 30 minutes, anywhere
Temperature monitoring in refrigerators
- A dentist is responsible for proper storage of medicaments at two locations.
- The medicaments must be stored at the specified temperature range.
- In one location, a HWg-STE is connected to the LAN via a Wi-Fi bridge because it was cheaper to use a wireless network than to connect a cable to a distant refrigerator with medicaments.
- The other location does not have an Internet connection; therefore, a HWg-Ares12 GSM thermometer with a SIM card and a data plan is used.
- Temperature graphs are printed from the SensDesk.com portal and submitted to the regulatory authority.
- A construction company sometimes uses an Ares-12 unit with a temperature and humidity sensor.
- After pouring concrete, it is necessary to wait a few days until the concrete hardens.
- The hardening time varies widely, and with a GSM sensor connected to the SensDesk.com portal, the overall construction time can be shortened by several days.
- The responsible person can check the current relative humidity at any time using a smartphone with the SensDesk Mobile app.
- A chart of the hardening process can be displayed at the portal website.
- As soon as the target humidity is reached, the responsible person is notified by a text message.
Other works can then immediately start.
SensDesk Mobile for iPhone & Android
Fast response to changes
Values are normally uploaded to the portal every 15 minutes.
However, when “Autopush config” is set for a particular sensor, SensDesk portal will be notified about changes in a few seconds.
- Digital Inputs (Dry Contacts)
When “Autopush” is checked, the device connects to the portal whenever the contact state (open/closed) changes.
For each individual sensor, set the value of a change that will cause the update to be sent to the portal. 0 = AutoPush is off.
Each sensor is configured in the same units that it displays.
For example, we recommend to use at least 5% for humidity (AutoPush = 5).
For temperature, use about 2°C (AutoPush = 2).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the SensDesk.com portal service really free of charge?
Yes. The service provider, HW group s.r.o., offers this service to its customers completely free of charge.
We are the first producer of LAN and GSM sensors for remote monitoring that offers a free monitoring service.
- How many devices (IP addresses) can I monitor with SensDesk.com?
Up to 10 devices (IP addresses or SIM cards) can connect to a single user account.
The number of connected sensors is not limited.
- Is it possible to use SensDesk.com with third-party products?
No, because we cover the SensDesk.com portal operating costs from the sales of HW group products.
- Can I continue to monitor the device with my SNMP software?
Yes. Connecting a LAN or GSM device to the SensDesk portal does not limit you in any way.
You can continue to use HW group software (HWg-Trigger or HWg-PDMS) as well as third-party applications.
- Are there other suitable mobile apps in addition to the recommended SensDesk Mobile?
Yes. See our list of third-party apps: Android and iPhone mobile apps for HW group products
- I don't use certain sensors or DI inputs of connected devices but they still display in Dashboard. Can I remove them?
Yes. In the sensor settings, where the SafeRange and recipients of e-mail alarms are configured, turn OFF the “Show on dashboard” option.
Another way is to deactivate the sensor with the “Sensor value usage (in SensDesk)” option. However, this way you will also lose the history associated with the sensor.
- I can't find an option to send SMS?
To send text messages (SMS) from your account, you need to connect a HWg-SMS-GW2 product with your SIM card and a public IP address. Configure this address in your profile and you will be able to send SMS alarms just as easily as e-mails.
- Is it possible to change temperature units from “Celsius” to “Fahrenheit” and back?
Yes. First, change the setting in the device, and only after that connect the device to the SensDesk.com portal.
If the device is already connected, make the change in the device, delete it in SensDesk.com and add it again using “Manual Push” with the other temperature unit.
- Can SensDesk.com monitor products in the STE family (HWg-STE or HWg-STE plus)?
The basic version of the HWg-STE (or HWg-STE PoE) LAN thermometer does NOT support the HWg-Push protocol.
Only HWg-STE plus or HWg-STE Push can be connected to the SensDesk portal.
- How can I get a weekly or monthly report from SensDesk.com?
The free SensDesk.com remote monitoring service does not support this function.
To create reports, use our HWg-PDMS utility that can be used in parallel with the SensDesk.com portal.
- Can I connect the data from my account to another cloud or M2M (Machine-to-Machine) or IoT (Internet of Things) portal?
Yes. With a single XML file, all the sensors in your account can be linked with another system.
- Can I connect LAN and GSM sensors by HW group with the “HWg-Push” protocol to other portals than SensDesk.com?
Yes, please contact your distributor for more information.
- Where can I find the prices of GSM and LAN sensors that can be connected to the SensDesk.com portal?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote using the feedback form at this page.
SensDesk.com, SensDesk portal, LAN sensors, GSM sensors, remote sensors monitoring, remote monitoring service, M2M solution, sensors data, IoT platform, m2m communications, HWg-Push protocol,
Email alert, SMS alert, IP sensor monitoring, LAN device watchdog, IP sensors data acquisition, temperature graphs, IP sensors monitoring, temperature graph, humidity graph, energy monitoring, data collection
Related and similar products
- HWg-PDMS: Monitoring software with chart and MS Excel output
- HWg-Trigger: Software for event-based management (IF-THEN)
- HWg-SMS-GW: GSM gateway for sending SMS alarms from other products