HWg-Trigger: Alert management software
HWg-Trigger is a Windows software utility that alerts to a failed device (out of 10 listed), starts applications, or redirects alarms to text messages (SMS). An action (e.g. displaying a pop-up message) can be assigned to each condition (e.g. a sensor reading out of safe range).
HWg-Trigger is an alert management software for Windows (If-Than). An event is when sensor is disconnected, values out of allowed range, or pressed buttons. A condition triggers an action. For example, a text message (SMS) is sent to several numbers, a relay output is activated over the network, a Windows application is started, or a warning message is displayed.
A “Condition” (event) and its assigned “Action” form a “Rule”. Up to 90 rules can be added to the application. For each rule, a repetition interval can be specified. Each rule can be tied to an IP address (e.g. to distinguish if the notebook with the application is connected “at home”, “in the office”, or at a “public place”).
HWg-Trigger comparison to previous generation
|PD Trigger 1.6.1
||30 days only
||Forever for 3 rules
|SNMP Traps receiver
|Periodic polling (Device Watchdog)
|Periodic polling (Sensor Value Watchdog)
|HWg-SMS-GW support (for sending SMS alerts)
|Local GSM modem support
|Max number of rules
Monitored conditions (input events)
- Device disconnected – Device is unavailable for a certain period of time
- Sensor disconnected – Device is available but at least one of its sensors is disconnected
- Sensor outside SafeRange – At least one sensor reading is outside of the specified range
- Sensor value – Sensor reading is higher than / less than the configured value
- Failure of listed device – A device on the list is unavailable
- Sensor alert (SNMP Trap)
- Device restart (SNMP Trap)
- Display a warning whenever 1 or more out of 15 devices is not responding, or has a sensor in alarm.
- If the temperature in room A is high, send an e-mail to Peter. If the temperature in room B is high, send a text message to Peter and to Thomas.
- When a button is pressed (Digital Input of a Poseidon unit), activate 4 relay outputs over IP (Digital Outputs of various Poseidon or Damocles units).
- Watch 10 sensors at 3 devices. Send a SMS through HWg-SMS-GW whenever any of the sensor readings is outside of the specified range.
Monitoring a list of equipment
- The Device Watchdog condition monitors the functioning of all HW group devices listed on the IP address list.
- An alert is sent whenever any of the devices is unreachable.
- The alert can be sent as a text message (SMS) using HWg-SMS-GW.
- Alerts cover the following situations:
- Device disconnected (LAN connection failure)
- Sensor torn off
- Sensor reading outside of the safe range
Local alerts by activating a relay contact
- Two relay outputs, two rules.
- Each rule monitors device status in one room.
- Whenever a device is in alarm, the rule activates a relay over the network to light up a signal.
Using HW-Trigger on a laptop
- The Device Watchdog and Sensor Value Watchdog conditions can be tied to the reference connection function.
- Using the reference address (in this case, a network printer in the office), the conditions are activated only when the laptop is connected to the office LAN.
- Other conditions can be tied to the public Internet, to avoid error messages when connected outside of the office LAN.
The reference address function facilitates using HWg-Trigger on a laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many devices (IP addresses) can be monitored with HWg-Trigger?
The application is limited to 90 rules. About 90 devices can be monitored.
- Is it possible to use HWg-Trigger with products by other manufacturers?
No, HWg-Trigger only supports sensors by HW group.
- Can HWg-Trigger send e-mails and SMS even if running on a server (as a NT service)?
Yes, this works for e-mails as well as for SMS sent via HWg-SMS-GW.
- Can I use the same device in several conditions (rules)?
Yes, each condition (rule) can monitor different sensors on the same device, or other combinations of devices.
- How can I deactivate a rule without deleting it?
For “Device Watchdog” and “Sensor Value Watchdog” conditions, set Check Every to Off.
- Is it possible to monitor STE series of devices (HWg-STE or HWg-STE plus) with HWg-Trigger?
No. For remote monitoring, use Poseidon or Damocles units.
- How can I create a graph or protocol with recorded temperatures?
HWg-Trigger does not support this function. Instead, use the HWg-PDMS software for plotting graphs and storing the value in a database (exportable to MS Excel).
- Can I backup the license when uninstalling or reinstalling the program?
Yes, correct uninstallation will offer to store and transfer the license.
- Can I use HWg-Trigger and HWg-PDMS in parallel on the same computer?
Yes, this scenario is foreseen.
- Can I detect the closing of a contact with the “Device Watchdog” or “Sensor Value Watchdog” function?
Yes; however, the reaction time will be limited to the polling period (Check Every xx seconds/minutes). We recommend to use SNMP Traps.
- Can I control HWg-Trigger using a Web interface?
No, HWg-Trigger is an application for MS Windows. However, you can use the www.SensDesk.com online portal.
- Where can I find the price of the HWg-Trigger software?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
>> Online order form
|HWg-Trigger, condition, event, forward to SMS, IP sensor monitoring, SMS alert, activate relay, detect device failure, detect disconnected sensor, detect sensor value, LAN device watchdog, MS Windows alert software
||Unlimited version of HWg-Trigger for alert management.
||HWg-SMS Gateway start set
- When you order the full version, we will send you your Customer key.
Customer Key format: 1111-2222-3333-4444
- Download the free version of HWg-Trigger from the Internet, start the registration (Help > Registration) and
enter your Customer Key.
- Continue with the registration request and fill in the remaining data.
- The software generates a request for registration and stores it in in the licence.txt file.
E-mail this file to the displayed e-mail address.
- After we receive the licence.txt file, we will send you your “Unlock code within 2-3 business days.
Enter your Unlock Code in the software.
Unlock Code format: AAAAAAAA-BBBBBBBB-CCCCCCCC-DDDDDDDD
Similar and related products