HWg-WLD: 2D surface water leak detector
HWg-WLD is a network-enabled water leak detector with a water-absorbing sensing cable. HWg-WLD features a built-in web server, SNMP support, and e-mail alert to water flooding. HWg-WLD can remotely control a relay output over the network (a relay is switched when a water leak is detected along the sensing cable).
HWg-WLD detects water leaks or water floods along the entire length of the sensing cable. The sensing cable detects even the smallest volume of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid. HWg-WLD can be ordered in two versions depending on the supply of power (power adapter or PoE IEEE 802.3af).
The sensing cable detects as little as a few drops of the liquid, and can be used to detect condensation. After flooding, the cable can be dried and reused.
HWg-WLD features a built-in web server and SNMP support. In case of an alarm, the device sends an e-mail or SNMP trap.
Alarms can be also signaled by switching a remote relay over the Ethernet. When a leak is detected, HWg-WLD activates a relay of a remote Poseidon or Damocles unit (Box-2-Box mode).
- Sensing cable can be 2 – 85 m (6.5 – 280 ft) long
- Alarm alerts by e-mail, SNMP trap, or by activating a relay output
- Detects even the smallest volumes of liquids, sensing cable can be dried and reused
Ethernet: RJ45 (100BASE-T) (PoE version IEEE 802.3af)
- Web: Built-in web server
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, Box-2-Box
- Remote output: When a water leak is detected, a remote relay is activated over the network (any Poseidon / Damocles)
- Water flood detector: 2 m (6.5 ft) leader cable +2 m (1.3 ft) sensing cable
- SMS Gateway: Device can send SMS by external "HWg-SMS-GW" without any software.
- HWg-WLD: Power adapter
- HWg-WLD PoE: PoE (IEEE 802.3af) + power adapter (depending on type)
- Supported software
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
Water sensing cable
- The sensing cable detects even the smallest volume of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid anywhere on the total length of the cable.
- The sensing cable is terminated with connectors.
- The following can be combined:
- Water sensing cable WLD - 2m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 10m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 50m
- Prolong cable - 5m
- The sensing part of the cable can be up to 85m (280ft) long.
- The cable can be extended anywhere (even between sensing segments) with a 2-wire cable (max 100m – 330ft).
- The WLD water detection cable is reusable (needs to be dried).
HWg-WLD can directly control relay outputs over the network. No additional software is necessary.
- Supports any Poseidon or Damocles unit
- State is transferred upon changes as well as periodically (default period is 30s). Uses XML over http.
- The output must be in the "Manual" mode (no local condition for activating the output)
- The user configures the remote device IP & port and the remote output ID (ID 151 = Output 1, 154 = Output 4)
- If the relay is write-protected with a password, the user sets the password for controlling the relay
- Output control can be tested with the TEST button
Typical applications involve monitoring of coolant piping in air conditioning systems or water detection around pipes in technical areas.
- Detection of water leaking from pipes (cable runs along the pipes)
Detection cable laid along the walls
Under raised floors
Above suspended ceilings
Detection of water leaks in drip trays
Detection of water leaks under A/C outlets
The water leak sensing cable can be wrapped around the piping, suspended under the piping, or laid on the bottom of the pipe duct.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I re-use the sensing cable after flooding?
Yes, the sensing cable can be dried and reused. The time needed to hang-dry the cable depends on the location and air draught. The sensing cable can be dried by hand using a piece of textile or paper cloth in a few minutes.
- The supplied sensing cable is only 0.4 m (1.3 ft) long, can I order a longer cable?
Yes, please contact your distributor. The sensing cable can be up to 85 m (280 ft) long.
- Is it possible to extend the cable using a regular cable?
Yes, the leader cable can be extended with a two-wire cable by up to 100 m (330 ft). The extension cable must be AWG24 or thicker.
- Is it possible to detect the exact flooded spot?
No. HWg-WLD is a product with maximized price/performance ratio. HWg-WLD only detects that a "zone" has been flooded, without precise spot indication. To detect the spot more accurately, more zones must be used.
- How can I redirect the water leak alert to SMS?
HWg-WLD can alert you to water leaks by e-mail or SNMP trap.
- E-mail can be redirected to SMS using an Email-to-SMS service of your carrier
- SNMP trap can be redirected to SMS using the HWg/PD Trigger application running on a PC with a GSM modem. The application is free of charge and runs on Windows.
- With SNMP, alerts can be redirected using a suitable SNMP monitoring suite (Nagios, Paessler, Intellipool...)
- Is it necessary to keep some software running in order to control relays over IP?
No, remote relay control works in the Box-2-Box mode, no software is needed.
Use any Poseidon or Damocles product as your remote relay output. HWg-WLD periodically (30 s) set defined relay output by XML over http.
- When is the water leak alert sent to the remote relay? Only upon activation?
No, this is a safety system. Box-2-Box mode updates the information periodically (every 30s by default).
- Can I connect more HWg-WLD devices to one Damocles unit?
Yes, but You should respect one HWg-WLD device per one Digital Output of the remote (Poseidon/Damocles) unit. For Example Damocles 1208 with 8 DO is typical used to indicate status of 8 Water Leak zones.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "HWg-STE.mib" file is available at the "System" page. Simply save it and import it into your SNMP software.
- Is it possible to power the HWg-WLD over the Ethernet?
Yes. However, you must order the "HWg-WLD PoE" version. The PoE version can be powered either from an A/C adapter, or over the Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af).
- How can I create a graph or protocol with recorded leaks?
Use the supplied HWg-PDMS software. Recorded values can be displayed in a graph or exported to MS Excel.
- HWg-WLD PoE does not work after connecting to a PoE switch, it only works when powered from the AC adapter. What is wrong?
Most PoE switches require that PoE supply is explicitly enabled for individual ports. Make sure that PoE is enabled for the particular port.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
||HWg-WLD: Ethernet Water Leak Detector
||HWg-WLD PoE: Ethernet Water Leak Detector
||J-clips 10 for WLD cable (photo)
||WLD A prolong cable 5m (photo)
||WLD sensing cable A - 2m (photo)
||WLD sensing cable A - 10m (photo1 photo2)
||WLD sensing cable A - 50m (photo)
- Poseidon 3468 (Leak indication using a remote 110/230VAC relay, 2 outputs)
- Damocles 1208 (Leak indication for up to 8 leak detectors, 8 outputs)
- 600 379 - 5V STE power adaptor - EU (power adapter, EU version)
- 600 424 - 5V STE power adaptor - USA (power adapter, USA version)
|HWg-WLD, water leak detector, water flood detector, water leak, SNMP water
IP water detector, water leak detection, pipeline leak detection, liquid detection cable, water flood detector, e-mail water, IEEE 802.3af, cable based water leak detection, spot detector