SD-WLD is a simple remote monitoring unit for Water Leak Detection using a WLD Sensing cable. Water is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing (detection) cable.
SD-WLD has WLD input for 1 WLD zone. It allows connecting 1 sensing cable (which can be extended by a cost-effective prolong cable) of up to 185 m total. The sensing cable detects as little as a few drops of conductive liquid along the entire cable lenght.
Thanks to early detection and alerting, SD-WLD can prevent substantial damages caused by unexpected adverse environmental conditions.
For configuration, SD-WLD features a built-in web server and WiFi connectivity. The device has to be connected to any SensDesk Technology portal and the SensDeskMobile app. All the SMS / Email alerts, PDF reports, and central device management is realized from the portal.
SD-WLD is part of HWg monitoring eco-system (sensors + devices + SensDesk Technology portal), that gets you long-term reliable alerts, graphs, PDF reports, open API, remote device management, etc. The right Water Detection and early alert are essential in a lot of businesses, for example, data centers, etc. Water Leak Detection System from HW group is a complex solution developed to protect your facility against costly water damage that might threaten you.
>> Read the article about Water Leak Detection (WLD) System.
- Wired Ethernet as well as WiFi - 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Support for simultaneous Ethernet and WiFi operation (for easy setup)
- Embedded WEB server (WiFi setup)
- 5V or PoE power
- Simple installation, supports DHCP
- Security protected with a password
- Support for the SensDesk Technology portal
- Free portal (HWg-cloud) available with simple email alerting
- One sensing zone detection input for WLD sensing cable (Type A)
- Leaky pipe detection (cable wrapped along the pipe)
- Water detection in an area: WLD detection cable laid along the walls in a room
- Water in Datacenters (under raised floors / above suspended ceilings)
- Detection of water leaks in drip trays
- Detection of water leaks under air-conditioning outlets
- Detection of water flood in a freezing or cooling plant
WLD sensing cable
WLD sensing cable detects liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable. Even a few drops of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid trigger the alarm. WLD sensing cable is re-usable (cable can be cleaned, dried & used again).
WLD sensing cable features
- No Bend limit: WLD sensing cable is not limited by any bending radius.
- No Twist limit: WLD sensing cable can be twisted as any other electrical cable.
- No Grip limit: Water detection functionality is not limited by point pressure within a reasonable range.
WLD cable components
WLD sensing cable is supplied in length from 2m to 50m and can be extended by a non-sensing WLD prolong cable.
- Connection cable - 2m (Green terminal block, 2m, Terminator)
- WLD Sensing cable A - 2m / 10m / 50m
- WLD prolong cable A - 5m
Why is Water Leak Detection system better than Flood detector
Water Leak Detection with the sensing cable is more expensive than simple spot water detection. However, WLD provides a much faster reaction to any water in the room. Thanks to the early alert significant damages to IT or other infrastructure can be avoided. Water Leak Detection with sensing cable is recommended in IT, data centers, technology, the medical sector, or anywhere else, where any water damage would be highly expensive.
Proper Water Leak Detection with a sensing cable helps you avoid costly damages thanks to an early alert that is triggered by the first few drops of liquid. Learn more about the difference between the WLD system with sensing cable and water spot detection in the application note.
>> Water Detection: Sensing cable versus Flood sensor
HWg Video Flyer
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.
HWg-cloud.com: Limited & Free portal
- the default pre-configured portal option
- provided by the device manufacturer
- sends email alerts and offers basic remote device management
- advanced features of SensDesk Technology are not available
- You can migrate your devices from HWg-cloud.com to any other SensDesk Technology portal at any time
SensDesk.com: Paid portal service with advanced features
- Several subscription plan options
- SMS / Voice call alerts to any mobile phone
- Graphs / MultiGraphs (data history)
- PDF reports
- Email alerts/alarm escalation
- History log
- Open API: All sensor values are available via XML / SNMP protocols
Local portals by Portal providers
- portals based on SensDesk Technology ran by 3rd party providers
- local languages and support
- various mix of free/paid services
- various commercial names
Why do you need a portal?
- Using the portal makes the IoT monitoring devices easy to install even by junior local staff. To install the IoT devices you don´t need any experts on the site.
- The portal can then send alerts, provides remote device management. Portal is one place with all your sensors & graphs overview, reporting, Open API, ...
- Even the defaul free of charge version of the portal (Hwg-cloud.com) can alert you by email when device disconnected / sensor value alarm.
- Price of the SensDesk.com portal service is around 15 % of the hardware cost per year.
All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
You can have a display with all your sensor values in your pocket with you 24/7. Check HWg Monitor mobile app. The app can be running on your phone, on the Android TV, or on the Tablet installed on the wall.
SensDesk.com can immediately alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of an Alarm situation. If the time is critical, every second counts. The immediate reaction to an alarming situation can be also responded to by closing/opening a remote relay output, which can for example turn on a siren. Quick alerts lower the risk of costly damages in case of an Alarm. Alerts from the portal can escalate to higher intensity or to another person if the problem persists.
Sensor values in Multigraphs
Multigraphs can display multiple sensor values from different kinds of sensors in one graph. That offers a situation overview of a remote site, significant fluctuance of sensor values is visible at first sight. It is popular for comparing time events. SensDesk.com system is also showing sensor value graphs that alert you when the device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits.
For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
You can easily create comprehensible reports with graphical representations of sensor values in one or in a number of locations. You can create reports in PDF (CSV) periodically. Reports can be printed & clicked to the invoice for your customer. Reports for pharmaceutical / other production (HACCP) are possible.
Thanks to the history log you can easily compare your historical data.
You can connect the data from SensDesk.com to any other system. Portal user account (all connected sensors) is accessible by Open API (SNMP, XML).
- A list of all the sensors / current values can be downloaded in XML format (HTTP get).
- All the values can be read via SNMP v1 / v3 protocol.
The number of Dashboards, Multigraphs and Reports is limited by the subscription plan as well as the length of the history log, check the plans: www.sensdesk.com
WLD sensing cable A
WLD sensing cable type A. Water is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing cable.
WLD prolong cable A
Prolong non-sensitive cable 5m for WLD type A. Can be extended to up to 100m in total.
WLD connection cable A
Connection cable for connecting WLD device with WLD sensing cable.
1x Water Leak Detection zone (sensing cable) to the portal. Internal battery, NB-IoT cellular network connectivity, portal required.
2x DO (Relay Output) controlled from the portal. LAN and WiFi connectivity, IoT Monitoring unit (Portal required).
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables