WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP, e-mails, and PoE. Alarms are triggered by even the smallest volumes of liquids, such as condensation from A/C pipes or water leaks in general. You will receive alarms before costly damages occur. In addition to water alerts, the device also detects disconnected or damaged sensing cables for increased reliability.
WLD2 supports zone creation. Compared to HWg-WLD, up to 4 independent detecting cables can be connected to the WLD2 to help locate the leak more accurately. A different phone number can be called for each zone.
Thanks to WiFi connectivity, the WLD2 water leak detector can be installed in remote places. In case of flooding, it can send an alert via e-mail, SNMP trap, or the SensDesk cloud. With an external SMS gateway by HW group, it can send a text message or dial a phone number. Of course, in critical applications, it can also communicate via wired Ethernet and can be powered with PoE.
WLD2 can be connected to the SensDesk portal using the HWg-Push protocol, as well as to standard monitoring systems thanks to SNMP and SNMP Trap support. Water occurrence can be also signaled by switching a remote output (e.g. to start a siren) over the network (Box-2-Box mode with a Poseidon2 or Damocles2 unit), independently for each sensing cable.
- Intuitive WWW interface for fast and easy installation.
- Support for automatic network configuration via DHCP.
- Ability to communicate over WiFi (external antenna for extended range, support for 2.4GHz, 2.11 b/g/n) and Ethernet at the same time.
- Up to 4 detection zones (each max. 185m), the source of the leak can be identified more easily.
- WLD2 signals the following states: OK / Flooded / Sensing cable fault.
- Flooding alerts can be send as a standard e-mail, or as a text message (SMS) through a SMS gateway.
- Detected leaks or WLD sensing cable disconnections can be signaled by activating a relay output at a Poseidon2 or Damocles2 unit over the Ethernet.
- WLD2 can be easily mounted on a wall or in a 19" cabinet.
- Powered over PoE or from an external adapter.
• Water detection under raised floors.
• Leaky pipe detection (cable wrapped along the pipe).
• Protection against floods from skylights – sensing cable routed along the walls.
• Detection of water leaks in drip trays.
• Detection of water leaks under air-conditioning outlets.
WLD sensing cable
WLD sensing cable detects liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable. Even a few drops of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid trigger the alarm. WLD sensing cable is re-usable (cable can be cleaned, dried & used again).
WLD sensing cable features
- No Bend limit: WLD sensing cable is not limited by any bending radius.
- No Twist limit: WLD sensing cable can be twisted as any other electrical cable.
- No Grip limit: Water detection functionality is not limited by point pressure within a reasonable range.
- No Cable detection: Damaged or disconnected WLD sensing cable is indicated.
WLD cable components
WLD sensing cable is supplied in length from 2m to 50m and can be extended by non-sensing WLD prolong cable.
- Connection cable - 2m (Green terminal block, 2m, Terminator)
- WLD Sensing cable A - 2m / 10m / 50m
- WLD prolong cable A - 5m
WLD2 installation and creation of zones
- easy and fast installation thanks to an intuitive web interface; support for automatic network configuration via DHCP
- supports creating up to 4 WLD zones so that the source of the leak can be identified more easily
- each zone can be up to 185 m long, sensing cables max. 85 m for each zone
WLD2 communication and alerting possibilities
Water Leak Detection system and spot water detection from HW group
HW group offers several products that provide ideal solutions for water detection.
WLD sensing cable detects liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable across the extent area and even the smallest amount of liquid can send the alert. Thanks to the early alert (reaction time 1-5 minutes) significant damages to IT or other infrastructure can be avoided.
Spot water detector detects water only in one spot and have to be entirely flooded. This means you will not be alerted immediately when a water pipe breaks but only after the area is considerably flooded.
Learn more about the difference between the WLD system with sensing cable and water spot detection in the application note: WLD (Water Leak Detection) with Sensing cable versus Spot water detection
A universal WLD (Water Leak Detection) sensor, with one WLD sensing cable input and 2 kind of outputs (1W-UNI sensor and relay output).
HWg-SMS-GW3 is a central text message (SMS) gateway that HWg devices and applications in the same network can use to dial numbers or send SMS alerts.
SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
WLD sensing cable type A. Water is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing cable.
Prolong non-sensitive cable 5m for WLD type A. Can be extended to up to 100m in total.
Connection cable for connecting WLD device with WLD sensing cable.
1x Water Leak Detection zone (sensing cable) to the portal. Internal battery, NB-IoT cellular network connectivity, portal required.
1x Water Leak Detection zone (sensing cable) to the portal. LAN and WiFi connectivity, IoT Monitoring unit (Portal required).