HWg-Trigger is a Windows software utility that alerts to a failed device (out of 10 listed), starts applications, or redirects alarms to text messages (SMS). An action (e.g. displaying a pop-up message) can be assigned to each condition (e.g. a sensor reading out of safe range).
- PC: Display a pop-up window, play a sound, start an application, start a service, shut down the PC
- Over the network: Activate/deactivate a remote relay contact
- SMS over the network: Alerts can be sent as text messages (SMS) via a remote HWg-SMS-GW over the network
- SMS over a local GSM modem: Sends a text message with the alert
- Application: MS Windows, NT service (background functions, suitable for servers, too)
- Operating system: MS Windows (32/64 bit) – including server versions
- Data input (Protocols): XML polling, SNMP Traps
- Data processing: Condition > Action
- Monitored conditions (input events):
- Device disconnected – Device is unavailable for a certain period of time
- Display a warning whenever 1 or more out of 15 devices is not responding, or has a sensor in alarm.
- If the temperature in room A is high, send an e-mail to Peter. If the temperature in room B is high, send a text message to Peter and to Thomas.
- When a button is pressed (Digital Input of a Poseidon unit), activate 4 relay outputs over IP (Digital Outputs of various Poseidon or Damocles units).
- Watch 10 sensors at 3 devices. Send a SMS through HWg-SMS-GW whenever any of the sensor readings is outside of the specified range.
HWg-Trigger is an alert management software for Windows. Detects disconnected sensors, values out of allowed range, or pressed buttons. A condition triggers an action. For example, a text message (SMS) is sent to several numbers, a relay output is activated over the network, a Windows application is started, or a warning message is displayed.
A “Condition” (event) and its assigned “Action” form a “Rule”. Up to 90 rules can be added to the application. For each rule, a repetition interval can be specified. Each rule can be tied to an IP address (e.g. to distinguish if the notebook with the application is connected “at home”, “in the office”, or at a “public place”).
Monitoring a list of equipment
- The Device Watchdog condition monitors the functioning of all HW group devices listed on the IP address list.
- An alert is sent whenever any of the devices are unreachable.
- The alert can be sent as a text message (SMS) using HWg-SMS-GW.
Alerts cover the following situations:
- Device disconnected (LAN connection failure)
- The sensor is torn off
- Sensor reading outside of the safe range
Local alerts by activating a relay contact
- Two relay outputs, two rules.
- Each rule monitors device status in one room.
- Whenever a device is in alarm, the rule activates a relay over the network to light up a signal.
Using HW-Trigger on a laptop
- The Device Watchdog and Sensor Value Watchdog conditions can be tied to the reference connection function.
- Using the reference address (in this case, a network printer in the office), the conditions are activated only when the laptop is connected to the office LAN.
- Other conditions can be tied to the public Internet, to avoid error messages when connected outside of the office LAN.
The reference address function facilitates using HWg-Trigger on a laptop.