In a user-defined period, the IP WatchDog2 Industrial detects the status of internet connection, LAN connected devices and RS-232 connected devices. The IP WatchDog2 Industrial can monitor up to ten channels including up to two RS-232 and can reset one or two physical devices (two output channels).
In case the internet connection fails or any monitored device stops responding the IP WatchDog2 Industrial can restart two connected devices via its 230V/16A NO/NC relay DO.
A restart of each output channel can be realized also manually from the main page (under password).
A built-in web server is used for configuring.
5 methods of device failure detection:
- Ping Out: IP WatchDog2 periodically sends PING requests
- Ping In: IP WatchDog2 waits for a PING from the monitored device
- Web client: IP WatchDog2 monitors the accessibility of a web page
- Web server: IP WatchDog2 waits for a request for its internal WEB page
- RS-232: IP WatchDog2 waits for a specified character sequence in RS-232 data line
- 10x Monitoring Channel on LAN and RS-232
- 2x Relay Output NO/NC 230V/16A AC
- Alert: SNMP Trap
- Alert: E-mail (TLS supported)
- Alert: SMS+Ring (via external GSM gateway or a modem)
- Channel state alert can activates DO relay and a sound alarm
- For Ring or SMS alarm use the HWg-Trigger software (external GSM modem required), or a HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN or a modem..
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server.
- Data logger for up to 200 records. With the HWg-PDMS software logged data can be exported to MS Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW (SCADA etc.). Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
Activation of a backup internet link in case the primary link fails.
Restarting irresponsive device connected to LAN.
Resetting or power cycling of remote devices.
- Routers and switches
- WiFi APs
- IP cameras
Who needs this product?
The IP WatchDog device replaces a human who would have to travel many kilometers or hours to a remote site in order to just flip the power switch off and on. Thanks to the "IP WatchDog", the device is power-cycled without human intervention. Often, end users don’t even notice that something wasn´t working.
- Remote restart of kiosks (manual/automatic)
- Autonomous restarting of Electrical charger units
- Keep working complex system of 3-10 different devices
- IP cameras connection verification
- Automatic start of backup LTE internet connectivity
Standalone (no portal) alerting options
- Channel can alert (send a notification) by SNMP Trap
- Channel can alert user by email (via SMTP server)
- Channel can alert user by SMS + Voice Call ring (device HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN is required).
WatchDog2 as part of the remote monitoring system
- The device can be monitored remotely over the internet using SensDesk Technology portal
- Device can be listed in HWg Monitor mobile App.
- WatchDog2 devices can be connected to HWg Windows software HWg-PDMS and HWg-Trigger.
Compare IP Watchdog2 Industrial and Lite
Why use the SensDesk Technology portal?
IP WatchDog2 devices can be connected to any SensDesk Technology portal:
Why to connect device to the portal:
- Portal shows a graph for each output (channel) restart
- History overview in PDF reports
- All current states in your pocket (Mobile Apps)
- Portal can alert you when device is not reachable (connected to public internet)
- Portal can inform you about local restart by
- Email from the portal
- SMS from the portal
- Voice Call from the portal