HWg-SMS-GW3 is GSM (2G) central gateway that allows HWg devices, SensDesk portals, and third-party software/hardware to send text messages (SMS) and make voice calls alerts.
Its main use is when customers have multiple HWg devices for remote monitoring. They can all connect to a single SMS-GW to send alarm alerts (SMS / Voice calls) to different phone numbers. No extra software is needed, and it works over the local network using Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) communication.
SensDesk portals can also use SMS-GW3 for alerting, as long as the gateway is accessible to the portal (either through a VPN or a public IP address).
For third-party users, the SMS-GW can be handy for alerting through the SNMP interface.
- Connectivity: Ethernet (10/100 Mbit/s)
- GSM (2G) antenna: External 3m cable, SMA
- Internal memory for outgoing SMS queue: 100 messages
- SMS/Calls GW for all HWg devices (RME)
- SMS/Calls GW for any NAGIOS (plugin by NETWAYS)
- Open API: SNMP, XML, netGSM (http, SOAP)
- Supports the "SMS + Ring" function for combined SMS and ring notifications.
- Mechanical: 76 x 93 x 28 mm, wall-mountable, fits on a DIN rail
- Single SMS gateway for the entire network with an easy-to-use web-based configuration.
- Send text messages without the need for any additional software.
- Configure the recipient's phone number directly in the sending device.
- Poseidon2 4002 sends an alarm message about a sensor value to Mr. Blue's phone number.
- Using the Box-2-Box mode, it connects directly to the HWg GSM gateway (no software is needed).
- HWg-SMS-GW contains a SIM card and sends cell message alerts on behalf of all devices in the network.
- Message recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, ...) are configured in the sending device.
- Together with the text message, it is also possible to call the recipient and let the phone ring for a short time (configured in the sending device).
Sending SMS alerts from Portal or HWg devices
- Any Portal (based on SensDesk Technology) can use SMS-GW for sending alerts.
- All HWg devices can send SMS alerts directly (to the SMS-GW) or via the Portal.
Via Portal is there benefit of central alerts management & possibility of Device Invalid Alert (device is inaccessible or fails)
- Recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Purple, Mr. Green) are configured in the sender (In the Portal or in the Device).
One GW can be alerting to several telephone numbers.
3rd party usage of SMS-GW
- Using netGSM (SOAP - HTTP POST)
- Using HTTP GET
- Using the SNMP Write function
>> Application note - How to send SMS via HWg-SMS-GW3
Nagios SMS alerts
- Nagios NMS monitors other devices using SNMP.
- In the Nagios system, a plugin enables SMS alerts over HWg-SMS-GW gateway.
- The plugin configuration includes the phone numbers of text message alert recipients.
- For details about obtaining and using the Nagios plugin, see the product manual.
- The plugin was created in cooperation with Netways (MonitoringExchange: notify-poseidon-sms.pl).
|SMS-GW3 GSM||SMS-GW3 LTE|
|FDD LTE bands: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20
WCDMA bands: B1/B5/B8
|Sending SMS from the web||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - netGSM (SOAP - HTTP Post)||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - SNMP write||Yes||Yes|
|Poseidon2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|Damocles2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|WLD2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|STE2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg-PWR||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|SMS + Call from SensDesk.com
(Device on fixed IP required)
Plugin for sending SMS from
WiFi and Ethernet, PoE available, temperature and humidity sensor with digital inputs. Up to 5 sensors of any RJ11 type.
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables
The "UPS 12V and 5V" is a backup power source for devices with 12V as well as 5V DC power supply which can be powered by the UPS simultaneously.
Secure solution for remote environment monitoring and control of outputs.
Cost-effective model for remote monitoring of sensors and detectors.
Industrial I/O with enhanced IP security and OC connectors.
The HWg-PWR captures data from external meters on the M-Bus and makes it accessible via Ethernet.
A mounting kit for installing HWg devices to a DIN rail.
Rack (cabinet) mount plate, 1U montage for HWg-Ares and Poseidon2 devices
Mount support for HWg-Ares and Poseidon2