STE2 PLUS is a professional LAN & WiFi remote sensors monitoring product. You can connect external sensors (up to 15 values) to 2x RJ11 ports. External detectors can be connected to 2x DI (Digital Input). The STE2 PLUS is a professional product with HTTPS custom certificates, SNMPv3, SNMP Traps and IPv6.
The STE2 PLUS package includes a power adaptor and 3m outdoor temperature sensor for remote temperature measurement. The device can be connected to the network via WIFI or LAN (RJ45) with PoE power support.
Sensor values are displayed via the device's web interface, in API (SNMP or XML) on the Portal or on the mobile/tablet screen (HWg Monitor).
- Connectivity: LAN, WiFi
- 2x RJ11 port (1W-UNI) up to 15 sensor values in total
- 2x DI (Digital input) for dry contacts
- Temperature sensor (IP67 - 3m) included in the retail package
- Power adapter (International = EU, UK, US) included in the retail package
- SMS messages & Voice Calls available with SMS-GW (external device) or Portal usage
- Professional product features: IPv6, SNMP Traps, SNMP v3, VDO, HTTPs (customer certificate), PoE (Power Over Ethernet)
- Default portal (optional): HWg-cloud.com (free service)
- Compatible portals: SensDesk Technology
- Mobile App: HWg Monitor (LAN or Portal connectivity)
- Remote technical rooms monitoring
- Drug storage with reports from Portal
- Food storage (control of storage conditions, creation of HACCP logs using application software)
- Building environment monitoring
- Remote monitoring of refrigerator or freezer (alert when refrigerator fails, logging of operating and storage conditions)
- Detection of water flooding at the point
- Heating optimization (savings in heating and air conditioning costs)
Up to 15 external temperature sensor values can be connected to STE2 PLUS. Sensors can be daisy-chained from RJ11 port. One physical sensor can measure several values (°C + %RH = 2 sensor values). The maximum limit is 15 sensor values in total.
Compatible Sensors & Detectors
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage sensor (0-230V)
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
- Airflow detector
- Door contact detector
- PIR motion detector
- Gas leak detector
- Power presence (110/230V) detector
- Vibration detector
Unique STE2 PLUS features
- SNMP v3 is secured version of SNMP protocol. Together with SNMP Traps feature upgrading STE2 PLUS to professional SNMP environment monitoring device.
- 8x VDO (Virtual Digital Output) gives the STE2 PLUS the ability to control relay outputs on other LAN devices
- The Alarm Reminder repeats information about the duration of the alarm condition as long as the condition persists.
- IPv6 support is important for some telco operators and bigger customers.
Setting the device
- Check the First Steps page or product PDF manual.
- Connect the STE2 PLUS device to the network (LAN).
- Check the IP address with HWg-Config Windows App.
- Open the device's built-in WEB server.
- Connect external sensors, and name them
- Define Alerts (SafeRange for each sensor / Alarm state for DI detectors)
Alarming and displaying of sensor values
When the measured temperature (Relative Humidity, Voltage, ..) on the external sensor(s) exceeds the defined Min-Max range (Safe Range), the STE2 device sends an email alert.
Email alerts from the device
- Use 3rd party SMTP server and send email alerts from the STE2 device directly.
- For long-term alerting stability be careful about using "public webmail" SMTP server like gmail.com yahoo.com and others. We do not recommend using these services, they are changing their security requirements in time and customers can simply lose alarm from the device.
- We recommend using the Portal (HWg-cloud.com for free) & send email alerts from the Portal. It's long-term and more reliable.
Alerting via external SMS Gateway
- SMS-GW3 or SMS-GW3 LTE are physical gateway devices from HW group with LAN interface.
- One SMS GW can be used for forwarding alerts from several devices on the same LAN.
- An alert can be sent as SMS or Voice call to a defined phone number.
- No portal or software is required.
Sensor values display in your pocket (on the wall): HWg Monitor
- The HWg Monitor is a Mobile App (Android or iOS) for displaying of sensor values
- Data input: LAN devices (All HWg products) / Portal user account
- All sensor values are on one screen.
- Showing preferred sensors on the widget.
Free Portal service: HWg-cloud.com
- The www.HWg-cloud.com is a free service from HW group for up to 20 devices in one user account.
- Alerting: An email alert can be sent from the portal (higher long-term reliability compared to public SMTP server)
- Alerting: Device Invalid (disconnected) alert from the portal is available
- Simple alarm escalation is available (emails only)
- Sensor value graphs are available
- Switching remote relay output based on sensor values.
- Central alerts overview & management.
Paid Portal service (Portal providers)
- SensDesk Technology portal (SaaS or On-premise)
- Email, SMS, Voice call alerts
- Multi graphs with several years of history
- User account API: SNMP or XML
- Reports (PDF)
- Multi-users accounts
- Check the Portal Providers list to find your local service provider.
Follow our application notes
- How to create a user account and add a device to SensDesk Technology portal
- Working with graphs in SensDesk.
HWg Video Flyer
Temp-1Wire IP67 (1m, 3m, 10m)
Temperature sensor with IP67 protection for general use.
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
Expander 4xDI 1W-UNI
Expansion module for connection of 4 dry contact inputs to Ares and Poseidon units. Connect another button, door contact, smoke detector etc.
Sensor CO2 1W-UNI
Combined Temperature (-0 to +50 °C), Relative Humidity (RH 0-95%) and CO2 (300 - 40000 ppm) sensor in one box. RJ11 interface (1-Wire UNI bus)
Sensor 230V AC 1W-UNI
The sensor is designed for measuring of AC voltage in the range 100 - 250V AC.
Temp-1Wire Pt100 Frost
Precise industrial temperature sensor -200 to +160 °C
HTemp-1Wire Rack 19
Combined temperature and humidity probe for IT environment.
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to +200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments,
Temperature and humidity sensor for outdoor use.
Flood detector 1W-UNI 3m
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Gas Leak Detector
Detector for indication of flammable gas presence.
Optical Smoke Detector FDR26
Optical Smoke Detector FDR26 for smoke detection and fire alarm signalization.