Isolated DC current sensor for the 1Wire-UNI bus. Sensor for measuring currents in the 0–20mA range. It is typically used to connect a industrial probe with 4–20mA output - 2wire current loop ("sink"type). Sensor current output is processed in Poseidon2 or Ares units to ber accesible via LAN or GSM.
Sensor is equipped with 8-points calibrating table/curve to set measured output appropriate to related industrial sensor. The calibration process is supported by 1W-UNI USB calibrator.USB dongle.
For 4-wire industrial sensors 0-20mA use alternative Sensor 0-20mA 1W-UNI.
- Input: 4-20mA (connect a “sink” type of probe).
- Electrical isolation
- Protection: 63 mA fuse
- Options: Unit conversion, calibration
- Interface: 1-Wire UNI (2x RJ11 for daisy-chaining)
- Connects to: Ares 12/14, Poseidon2 or Poseidon 2250
- Environment: Converter to be installed indoors
- Power: Requires an external 12-30V supply.
- Connecting industrial sensors to Poseidon or Ares systems
- Measuring fuel level in a tank
- Measuring the concentration of CO2 or other gases
- Connecting pressure transducers, pH sensors, or other industrial sensors
Signal converter – sensor for 4-20mA current loop output of external probes. Contains a current source for powering the external probe. The current loop input is electrically isolated from the 1Wire-UNI bus.
Measure the output of any external industrial sensor with a 4-20mA output (“sink” type). For example a pressure transducer, a CO2 sensor or a tank level probe.
Almost any industrial sensor can be connected to Poseidon2 or Ares units in this way. The values can be shared over LAN or GSM. When the current is out of a specified range, e-mail or SMS is sent. Can be connected to remote monitoring systems that are based on SNMP or Modbus/TCP.
- Includes a current source for the external probes.
- The measured 4-20mA current is electrically isolated from the 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11).
- The sensor can be used in industrial environments. The current loop can be several tens or hundreds of meters long.
- Sensors can be daisy-chained (two RJ11 connectors).
- Requires an external power supply or power adapter.
- Output reading in [mA] can be calibrated and/or converted to other units (e.g. fuel level in the tank in [m]) directly in the sensor.