he NB-2x1Wire is an IoT Monitoring device for connecting external sensors to the Portal (Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Light, CO2, VOC, …). NB-IoT (NarrowBand IoT) cellular network is used for device connectivity, with 3 years prepaid NB-IoT simcard.
External RJ11 (1-Wire UNI) sensors from HW group can be connected to 2 RJ11 ports. The device itself and external sensors are powered by an internal battery (up to 3 years lifetime) or an external power supply. Metered values are periodically sent to the user account of the Portal (SensDesk Technology). The SD-2x1Wire device and the portal are products of the HW group and are seamlessly integrated.
The NB-2x1Wire is IoT Monitoring device = Portal service is required. Free portal service (HWg-cloud.com) for up to 20 devices is available. Paid portal service from several providers available (any SensDesk Technology portal).
- External sensors can be powered from the internal battery.
- Wide portfolio of compatible RJ11 sensors from HW group.
- Device installation on the site is fast & easy even for “Junior users”.
- Portal will alert you by email (SMS, Voice Call) if the sensor value is out of the Safe Range.
- Free cloud available (HWg-cloud.com) with graphs and device management.
- Device Invalid Alert: Portal can alert users when the device is not powered or not responding for 1 hour.
- HWg Monitor mobile App can show you all sensor values in your portal account.
- SMS, Voice call alerts, or Multigraphs & PDF reports can be used with paid portal services.
- 2x RJ11 port for external sensors (Temperature, Voltage, Current, and many other)
- NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) cellular connectivity, global roaming available
- NB-IoT simcard is included in the "subscribed" version - 3 years connectivity prepaid
- Ext. Power adaptor 5V / Internal battery (up to 3 years lifetime)
- Portal for device management required (HWg-cloud.com as default)
- Free portal service (HWg-cloud.com) for up to 20 devices available
- Paid portal services available (any SensDesk Technology portal)
- Metal housing, DIN and rack mount available
- Fast & simple installation on the site (Junior only)
- Remote locations temperature monitoring
- RMS (Remote Monitoring System) for Temperature / Humidity / Water & others
- Temperature monitoring / Air Conditioning failure detection
- Construction sites: Temperature / Humidity / Water detection remote monitoring
- HVAC monitoring/optimization
- Food production/storage
- Pharmaceutical production /storage
- FM (Facility Management)
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage (0-230V) sensor
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
HWg Remote Remote Monitoring Eco-system
Setting the device
- Connect the power or remove the plastic shield to let the internal battery work.
- Connect the device to the network via SIM card
- Open your user account on the free portal www.HWg-cloud.com.
On My Team page search for the Device Adoption part. Fill in there a device hash (1234-5678) from the label on the device.
A new device will appear after some time in the Devices.
- When devices and sensors are available in your portal account, define the device and sensor name & SD SafeRange for each sensor.
Portal (SensDesk Technology)
- Central device & sensors management
- All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
- Alerting (Email, SMS, voice calls)
- Device disconnected (invalid) alerts
- Sensor values in graphs / Multigraphs
- PDF reports
- Open API (XML, SNMP)
- Device migration from one to another SensDesk portal.
NB-IoT network connectivity
- NB-IoT (NarrowBand IoT) cellular network is operated by standard mobile operators, but it's a different technology than GSM, LTE, or Cat-M1.
- Benefit of the NB-IoT technology is the low power consumption of the device, so devices can be operated for months & years from the battery.
Prepaid NB-IoT SIM card included
The most popular "subscribed" package contains 3 years prepaid NB IoT SIM card preconfigured by HW group company. Connectivity is provided by Vodafone global, the device can be used in most countries. The default preconfigured portal is HWg-cloud.com for remote device management & configuration. Devices can be migrated to any other SensDesk Technology portal.
3rd party SIM card for NB-IoT
You can use your own sim card for NB-IoT network connectivity. But! Don´t forget that:
- it's different technology & frequencies than LTE. You really have to use NB-IoT Simcard
- Devices have to be specifically configured for your own sim card, contact us before you purchase it
- Data can be delivered to your own hosted installation of the SensDesk portal. It's recommended for projects with 200+ devices. Contact us for details.
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.
HWg-cloud.com: Limited & Free portal
- the default pre-configured portal option
- provided by the device manufacturer
- sends email alerts and offers basic remote device management
- advanced features of SensDesk Technology are not available
- You can migrate your devices from HWg-cloud.com to any other SensDesk Technology portal at any time
SensDesk.com: Paid portal service with advanced features
- Several subscription plan options
- SMS / Voice call alerts to any mobile phone
- Graphs / MultiGraphs (data history)
- PDF reports
- Email alerts/alarm escalation
- History log
- Open API: All sensor values are available via XML / SNMP protocols
Local portals by Portal providers
- portals based on SensDesk Technology ran by 3rd party providers
- local languages and support
- various mix of free/paid services
- various commercial names
Why do you need a portal?
- Using the portal makes the IoT monitoring devices easy to install even by junior local staff. To install the IoT devices you don´t need any experts on the site.
- The portal can then send alerts, provides remote device management. Portal is one place with all your sensors & graphs overview, reporting, Open API, ...
- Even the default free-of-charge version of the portal (Hwg-cloud.com) can alert you by email when device disconnected / sensor value alarm.
- The price of the SensDesk.com portal service is around 15 % of the hardware cost per year.
All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
You can have a display with all your sensor values in your pocket with you 24/7. Check HWg Monitor mobile app. The app can be running on your phone, on the Android TV, or on the Tablet installed on the wall.
SensDesk.com can immediately alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of an Alarm situation. If the time is critical, every second counts. The immediate reaction to an alarming situation can be also responded to by closing/opening a remote relay output, which can for example turn on a siren. Quick alerts lower the risk of costly damages in case of an Alarm. Alerts from the portal can escalate to higher intensity or to another person if the problem persists.
Sensor values in Multigraphs
Multigraphs can display multiple sensor values from different kinds of sensors in one graph. That offers a situation overview of a remote site, significant fluctuance of sensor values is visible at first sight. It is popular for comparing time events. SensDesk.com system is also showing sensor value graphs that alert you when the device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits.
For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
You can easily create comprehensible reports with graphical representations of sensor values in one or in a number of locations. You can create reports in PDF (CSV) periodically. Reports can be printed & clicked to the invoice for your customer. Reports for pharmaceutical / other production (HACCP) are possible.
Thanks to the history log you can easily compare your historical data.
You can connect the data from SensDesk.com to any other system. Portal user account (all connected sensors) is accessible by Open API (SNMP, XML).
- A list of all the sensors / current values can be downloaded in XML format (HTTP get).
- All the values can be read via SNMP v1 / v3 protocol.
The number of Dashboards, Multigraphs and Reports is limited by the subscription plan as well as the length of the history log, check the plans: www.sensdesk.com
Humidity probe (0 - 100% RH) designed for IT environment.
Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output.
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to +200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments,
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Electrically isolated voltage sensor for up to 60VDC with 1Wire-UNI output.
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
Expansion module for connection of 4 dry contact inputs to Ares and Poseidon units. Connect another button, door contact, smoke detector etc.
Temperature and humidity sensor for outdoor use.
Digital temperature and humidity sensor for indoor and outdoor use.
Converter with isolated 4-20 mA AI (Analog Input) for external current sink probes and RJ11 output (1W-UNI).
Temperature, Humidity, atmospheric Pressure, TVoc sensor (-30 to 70 °C, 0 to 100% RH, 300 – 1 000 hPa, 0 – 60 000 ppb), indoor box with RJ11 (1-Wire UNI) int
The sensor is designed for measuring of AC voltage in the range 100 - 250V AC.