Isolated DC current sensor for the 1Wire-UNI bus. Sensor for measuring currents in the 0–20mA range. It is typically used to connect an industrial probe with 0 / 4 to 20mA output - with a discrete power supply (e.g. to measure the fuel level in a tank). The sensor current output is processed in Poseidon2 or Ares units to ber accessible via LAN or GSM / LTE.
The sensor is equipped with an 8-points calibrating table/curve to set measured output appropriate to related industrial sensor. The calibration process is supported by 1W-UNI USB calibrator.USB dongle.
For converter 4-20mA use alternative Sensor 4-20mA 1W-UNI,
- Input: 0-20mA (connect a “source” type of probe).
- Electrical isolation: Yes
- Protection: 63 mA fuse
- Options: Unit conversion, calibration
- Interface: 1-Wire UNI (2x RJ11 for daisy-chaining)
- Connects to: Ares 12/14, Poseidon2 or Poseidon 2250
- Environment: Converter to be installed indoors
- Power: Bus-powered (1-Wire UNI) – max. 2 sensors per active port
- Connecting industrial sensors to Poseidon or Ares systems
- Connecting current transformers
- Connecting electronic scales
- Measuring the concentration of CO2 or other gases
- Connecting pressure transducers or other industrial sensors
Signal converter – sensor to measure 0-20 mA from an external current source. 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11) output. The current input is electrically isolated from the 1Wire-UNI bus.
Measure the output current of any external industrial sensor that sources 0-20 mA (“source” type). For example, the output current of a current transformer.
Almost any industrial sensor can be connected to Poseidon2 or Ares units in this way. The values can be shared over LAN or GSM. When the current is out of a specified range, e-mail or SMS is sent. Can be connected to remote monitoring systems that are based on SNMP or Modbus/TCP.
- The 0-20mA input is electrically isolated from the 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11).
- The sensor can be used in industrial environments.
- Sensors can be daisy-chained (two RJ11 connectors).
- Powered from the 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11) or from an external power adapter.
- Output reading in [mA] can be calibrated and/or converted to other units directly in the sensor.