The SD-2xIn is IoT monitoring device connecting to the Portal external RJ11 sensors (Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Light, CO2, VOC, …). The device is simple to install on the site.
External RJ11 (1-Wire UNI) sensors from HW group can be connected to 2 RJ11 ports. Sensors are powered from the device. Metered values are periodically sent to the user account of the Portal (SensDesk Technology). The SD-2x1Wire device and the portal are products of the HW group and are seamlessly integrated.
The SD device is powered by an external power supply 5V or by PoE (Power over Ethernet).
The SD-2x1Wire is IoT Monitoring device = Portal service is required.
Free portal service (HWg-cloud.com) for up to 20 devices available. Paid portal service from several providers available (any SensDesk Technology portal).
- Wide portfolio of compatible RJ11 sensors from HW group.
- Device installation on the site is fast & easy even for “Junior users”.
- Portal will alert you by email (SMS, Voice Call) if the sensor value is out of the Safe Range.
- Free cloud available (HWg-cloud.com) with graphs and device management.
- Device Invalid Alert: Portal can alert users when the device is not powered or not responding for 1 hour.
- HWg Monitor mobile App can show you all sensor values in your portal account.
- SMS, Voice call alerts, or Multigraphs & PDF reports can be used with paid portal services.
- 2x RJ11 port for external sensors (Temperature, Voltage, Current, and many other)
- 4 sensor values to the Portal
- Connectivity: Ethernet and WiFi
- Portal for device management is mandatory (HWg-cloud.com as default)
- Free portal service (HWg-cloud.com) for up to 20 devices available
- Paid portal services available (any SensDesk Technology portal)
- Power: External adaptor 5V / PoE
- Metal housing, DIN and rack mount available
- Simple installation: DHCP, HWg-portal.com enabled
- Embedded WEB server (WiFi setup, portal configuration)
- Remote locations temperature monitoring
- RMS (Remote Monitoring System) for Temperature / Humidity / Water & others
- Temperature monitoring / Air Conditioning failure detection
- Construction sites: Temperature / Humidity / Water detection remote monitoring
- HVAC monitoring/optimization
- Food production/storage
- Pharmaceutical production /storage
- FM (Facility Management)
- LAN / WiFi Thermometer
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage (0-230V) sensor
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
HWg Remote Remote Monitoring Eco-system
Setting the device
- Connect the device to the network via a LAN (WiFi requires using LAN first).
- Connect power (PoE).
- Open your user account on the free portal www.HWg-cloud.com.
On My Team page search for the Device Adoption part. Fill in there a device hash (1234-5678) from the label on the device.
A new device will appear after some time in the Devices.
- When devices and sensors are available in your portal account, define the device and sensor name & SD SafeRange for each sensor.
Portal (SensDesk Technology)
- Central device & sensors management
- All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
- Alerting (Email, SMS, voice calls)
- Device disconnected (invalid) alerts
- Sensor values in graphs / Multigraphs
- PDF reports
- Open API (XML, SNMP)
- Device migration from one to another SensDesk portal.
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.
HWg-cloud.com: Limited & Free portal
- the default pre-configured portal option
- provided by the device manufacturer
- sends email alerts and offers basic remote device management
- advanced features of SensDesk Technology are not available
- You can migrate your devices from HWg-cloud.com to any other SensDesk Technology portal at any time
SensDesk.com: Paid portal service with advanced features
- Several subscription plan options
- SMS / Voice call alerts to any mobile phone
- Graphs / MultiGraphs (data history)
- PDF reports
- Email alerts/alarm escalation
- History log
- Open API: All sensor values are available via XML / SNMP protocols
Local portals by Portal providers
- portals based on SensDesk Technology run by 3rd party providers
- local languages and support
- various mix of free/paid services
- various commercial names
Why do you need a portal?
- Using the portal makes the IoT monitoring devices easy to install even by junior local staff. To install the IoT devices you don´t need any experts on the site.
- The portal can then send alerts and provides remote device management. Portal is one place with all your sensors & graphs overview, reporting, Open API, ...
- Even the default free-of-charge version of the portal (Hwg-cloud.com) can alert you by email when the device is disconnected / sensor value alarm.
- The price of the SensDesk.com portal service is around 15 % of the hardware cost per year.
The number of Dashboards, Multigraphs, and Reports is limited by the subscription plan as well as the length of the history log, check the plans: www.sensdesk.com
All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
You can have a display with all your sensor values in your pocket with you 24/7. Check HWg Monitor mobile app. The app can be running on your phone, on the Android TV, or on the Tablet installed on the wall.
SensDesk.com can immediately alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of an Alarm situation. If the time is critical, every second counts. The immediate reaction to an alarming situation can be also responded to by closing/opening a remote relay output, which can for example turn on a siren. Quick alerts lower the risk of costly damages in case of an Alarm. Alerts from the portal can escalate to higher intensity or to another person if the problem persists.
Sensor values in Multigraphs
Multigraphs can display multiple sensor values from different kinds of sensors in one graph. That offers a situation overview of a remote site, significant fluctuance of sensor values is visible at first sight. It is popular for comparing time events. SensDesk.com system is also showing sensor value graphs that alert you when the device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits.
For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
You can easily create comprehensible reports with graphical representations of sensor values in one or in a number of locations. You can create reports in PDF (CSV) periodically. Reports can be printed & clicked on the invoice for your customer. Reports for pharmaceutical/other production (HACCP) are possible.
Thanks to the history log you can easily compare your historical data.
You can connect the data from SensDesk.com to any other system. The Portal user account (all connected sensors) is accessible by Open API (SNMP, XML).
- A list of all the sensors / current values can be downloaded in XML format (HTTP get).
- All the values can be read via SNMP v1 / v3 protocol.
Humid-1Wire (1m, 3m, 10m)
Humidity probe (0 - 100% RH) designed for IT environment.
Temp-1W-UNI Pt100 Frost
Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output.
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to +200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments,
Flood detector 1W-UNI 3m
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Sensor 60V 1W-UNI v2
Electrically isolated voltage sensor for up to 60VDC with 1Wire-UNI output.
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
Expander 4xDI 1W-UNI
Expansion module for connection of 4 dry contact inputs to Ares and Poseidon units. Connect another button, door contact, smoke detector etc.
Temperature and humidity sensor for outdoor use.
Digital temperature and humidity sensor for indoor and outdoor use.
Sensor 4-20mA 1W-UNI
Converter with isolated 4-20 mA AI (Analog Input) for external current sink probes and RJ11 output (1W-UNI).
Sensor THPVoc 1W-UNI
Temperature, Humidity, atmospheric Pressure, TVoc sensor (-30 to 70 °C, 0 to 100% RH, 300 – 1 000 hPa, 0 – 60 000 ppb), indoor box with RJ11 (1-Wire UNI) int
Sensor 230V AC 1W-UNI
The sensor is designed for measuring of AC voltage in the range 100 - 250V AC.