STE2 LITE is a simple-to-use LAN & WiFi thermometer for remote locations measurement. Whenever a temperature exceeds the specified range an e-mail notification is sent. With external SMS-GW-LTE or Portal service it can also alert you with an SMS or Voice call.
Even though there is only one RJ11 port, STE2 LITE can monitor up to 4 sensor values from external sensors (Relative Humidity, CO2, VoC, 4-20mA and others). Several RJ11 sensors can be daisy-chained. Also one physical sensor can measure several values (°C + %RH = 2 values).
The STE2 LITE package includes Temp-1Wire 1m temperature sensor and a 5V international power adaptor.
- Connectivity: LAN, WiFi
- 1x RJ11 port (1W-UNI) up to 4 sensor values
- Temperature sensor 1m included in the retail package
- Power adapter (International = EU, UK, US) included in the retail package
- SMS messages & Voice Calls available with SMS-GW (external device) or Portal usage
- Product features: HTTPs (customer certificate), Open API (SNMP, XML)
- Standalone Monitoring product (Portal is just an option)
- Default portal (optional): HWg-cloud.com (free service)
- Compatible portals: SensDesk Technology
- Mobile App: HWg Monitor (LAN or Portal)
- Remote temperature alert sensor (Server environment, A/C unit cooling failure alert).
- Simple to use server room environment monitoring.
- Food storage (control of storage conditions, creation of HACCP logs using application software).
- LAN/WiFi thermometer which can be integrated with 3rd party SNMP system or with Portal (SensDesk Technology).
The default temperature sensor can be replaced by Temperature/Humidity on a 3m cable. Several sensors can be daisy-chained from the RJ11 port. One physical sensor can measure several values (°C + %RH = 2 sensor values). Max limit of STE2 LITE is 4 sensor values in total.
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage sensor (0-230V)
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
Setting the device
- Check the First Steps page or product PDF manual.
- Connect the STE2 LITE Thermometer to the network via a LAN or the built-in WiFi antenna.
- The device has a built-in WEB server, you will need only a standard web browser. HTTPS is also supported.
- Connect external sensors
- Define Alerts
Alarming and displaying of sensor values
When the measured temperature (Relative Humidity, Voltage, ..) on the external sensor(s) exceeds the defined Min-Max range (Safe Range), the STE2 device sends an email alert.
Email alerts from the device
- Use 3rd party SMTP server and send email alerts from the STE2 device directly.
- For long-term alerting stability be careful about using "public webmail" SMTP server like gmail.com yahoo.com and others. We do not recommend using these services, they are changing their security requirements in time and customers can simply lose alarm from the device.
- We recommend using the Portal (HWg-cloud.com for free) & send email alerts from the Portal. It's long-term and more reliable.
Alerting via external SMS Gateway
- SMS-GW3 or SMS-GW3 LTE are physical gateway devices from HW group with LAN interface.
- One SMS GW can be used for forwarding alerts from several devices on the same LAN.
- An alert can be sent as SMS or Voice call to a defined phone number.
- No portal or software is required.
Sensor values display in your pocket (on the wall): HWg Monitor
- The HWg Monitor is a Mobile App (Android or iOS) for displaying of sensor values
- Data input: LAN devices (All HWg products) / Portal user account
- All sensor values are on one screen.
- Showing preferred sensors on the widget.
Free Portal service: HWg-cloud.com
- The www.HWg-cloud.com is a free service from HW group for up to 20 devices in one user account.
- Alerting: An email alert can be sent from the portal (higher long-term reliability compared to public SMTP server)
- Alerting: Device Invalid (disconnected) alert from the portal is available
- Simple alarm escalation is available (emails only)
- Sensor value graphs are available
- Switching remote relay output based on sensor values.
- Central alerts overview & management.
Paid Portal service (Portal providers)
- SensDesk Technology portal (SaaS or On-premise)
- Email, SMS, Voice call alerts
- Multi graphs with several years of history
- User account API: SNMP or XML
- Reports (PDF)
- Multi-users accounts
- Check the Portal Providers list to find your local service provider.
Follow our application notes
- How to create a user account and add a device to SensDesk Technology portal
- Working with graphs in SensDesk.
HWg Video Flyer
Temp-1Wire IP67 (1m, 3m, 10m)
Temperature sensor with IP67 protection for general use.
SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
Sensor CO2 1W-UNI
Combined Temperature (-0 to +50 °C), Relative Humidity (RH 0-95%) and CO2 (300 - 40000 ppm) sensor in one box. RJ11 interface (1-Wire UNI bus)
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
Sensor 4-20mA 1W-UNI
Converter with isolated 4-20 mA AI (Analog Input) for external current sink probes and RJ11 output (1W-UNI).
Sensor THPVoc 1W-UNI
Temperature, Humidity, atmospheric Pressure, TVoc sensor (-30 to 70 °C, 0 to 100% RH, 300 – 1 000 hPa, 0 – 60 000 ppb), indoor box with RJ11 (1-Wire UNI) int
Flood detector 1W-UNI 3m
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
A stainless steel temperature probe with a flat cable.
Temp-1Wire Rack 19
Temperature sensor designed for the IT environment.