Ares 14 is an industrial unit for remote monitoring and alarming over GSM for locations without LAN access. Includes battery backup. Connect up to 14 external sensors and 2 dry contact detectors.
Ares monitors the readings of connected sensors. When a value reaches the alarm threshold, the device sends an e-mail or a text message (SMS), or dials specified numbers. Use the free SensDesk portal to view measured data in a complex dashboard.
Ares products support FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) for remote firmware updates.
- GSM/GPRS: Quad-Band 850/900 / 1800/1900 MHz - SMA antenna connector
- Configuration: Over USB, configuration utility on a “Mass storage” drive, no need to install
- Power: 9–30 VDC / 0.5 A external power
- Flash log: 2 Mb / 170.000 records (e.g. 3 sensors @ 5 mins = 200 days)
- DI (Digital Inputs): 2x DI (for dry contact status detectors)
- Sensors: 2xRJ11 for 1-Wire UNI
- HWg-Ares14: Supports 14 sensors
- Diagnostics: External power detection, battery status [%]
- Alarms: Email, HWg-Push, SMS
- SMS + ring upon alert: Supported
- GPRS monitoring of a server room without connecting to the local LAN
- Diesel generators – environment and status monitoring
- Back-up power supply systems
- ATM (Automatic Teller Machines) environment monitoring Cooling systems and coolers
- Antennas and microwave links
- Technology along roads, highways, or railroad tracks
- Road surface or railroad track temperature and status
- Temperature and displacement of structures
- Storages of food or materials
- Art exhibits and depositories
- Agricultural production premises (greenhouses, granaries, etc.)
- Electricity distribution networks (transformer stations, lines)
- Water source monitoring, including technical equipment status
- Monitoring of appliances with consumable, refillable content (vending machines for coffee, sandwiches or drinks, massage chairs, ...)
HWg-Ares 14 is a remote environment monitoring solution which only needs GSM signal coverage. The device contains an internal back-up battery and if an external power supply fails, up to 5 recipients are alerted by e-mail or text message. HWg-Ares 14 can be used also as a simple GSM thermometer. Simply connect external sensors (temperature, 4-20mA, humidity, light and other sensors) or two dry contacts and monitor all probes remotely. Sensor data can be read into HWg-PDMS (free software), connected with a Web portal or passed to a SCADA/NMS system. HWg-Ares is a complete GSM monitoring system – from sensors to MS Excel data export. GPRS traffic is cost-optimized. A unique feature is that you can mix LAN based IP sensors with the GSM/GPRS HWg-Ares devices. There is an available plugin for Nagios – most popular free SNMP monitoring software.