CapTemp and MonTemp is a pair of utilities to monitor production processes. The programs can supervise all sensors by HW group (temperature and humidity sensors, contacts, etc) as well as sensors by other manufacturers. CapTemp logs the readings into an internal database, displays several most recent ones, and processes conditions and alarms. Alerts to readings within an alarm range are sent by e-mail, or by SMS via a GSM modem connected to the PC.
- CapTemp - Freeware version, limited to 21 days of operation and non-commercial use
- CapTemp F1 - CapTemp license limited to 20 sensors, no GSM modem support (no SMS alerts) Supported devices: Poseidon, Damocles, I/O Controller, Dallas iButton Thermochron
- CapTemp GF1 - CapTemp license limited to 20 sensors, GSM modem support (SMS alerts) Supported devices: Poseidon, Damocles, I/O Controller, GSM modem
- CapTemp GF2 - CapTemp license limited to 50 sensors, GSM modem support (SMS alerts) Supported devices: Poseidon, Damocles, I/O Controller, GSM modem
- CapTemp GF3 - Enterprice CapTemp license limited to 255 devices, unlimitted sensors, Based on PostgreSQL 9.Xi, GSM modem supported (SMS alerts). Supported devices: Poseidon, Damocles, I/O Controller, GSM modem
- The CapTemp is suitable for monitoring, recording and notifying of Alarm and technological processes monitoring (HACCP).
- With latest Condition system, it can be used for supervise and control simple processes as well.
- MonTemp is part of CapTemp package, it works with stored data, displays graphs and exports values.
- Sending emails to several recipients
- Alarming via SMS (Text messages) - using PC connected GSM modem (USB / RS-232)
- Switching outputs as alarm reaction or deined
- Dallas iButton datalogger support, averaging temperature values, histograms
Applications and usage:
- Bakeries: Production process monitoring for certification and optimization purposes.
- Freezing plants: Storage temperature monitoring, energy savings through optimization and keeping the freezer doors closed.
- Food processing: Environment monitoring in the processing industry, HACCP compliance reports.
- Food storages: Storage environment monitoring, HACCP certification compliance reports.
- Supermarkets: Optimization storage/cooler monitoring systems.
- Hospitals: Monitoring the storages of medicaments and blood products, alarms upon failures.
- Pharmacies: Simple system for pharmaceutical storage process certification.
Suitable CapTemp applications
- CapTemp is a way to give technologists an immediate overview of the environment in a technological process, including its history.
- CapTemp is a simple software with hundreds of applications in the pharmaceutical and food industries, and takes into account the needs of users in these areas.
- CapTemp is suitable for monitoring sensors at a single site, using a PC at the technologist's desk.
MonTemp subsequently processes data stored in the database, generates graphic reports, histograms, and ISO or HACCP quality assurance protocols.
CapTemp supports Poseidon, Damocles and I/O Controller products.
- Well-designed graphical environment
- Alarm alerts by e-mail or by SMS (sent through a GSM modem)
- Supports conditions and rules for simple control tasks
- Evaluation version functions for 21 days without restrictions
Retrieving sensor readings
- Support for HW group products (Poseidon, Damocles, I/O Controller products)
- Calculation of averages from the acquired values
- Color-coded device states
- Sensor reading can be validated by an external input (contact / needle thermometers)
Graphical display of values
- MonTemp can graph current and historic values
- Comments can be added to the readings and displayed in graphs
- Values can be plotted in histograms
- Graphs can be printed or exported as images
- Alert to a sensor reading out of range
- Alert to a sensor disconnection / failure
- Alerts via e-mail or pop-up windows
- Alerts can be sent as text messages (SMS) via a GSM modem
- Alarms are independent and linked to individual sensors
Rules and conditions
- CapTemp enables advanced alarming based on a group of conditions
- CapTemp can react to a sensor in alarm by closing/opening a contact
- CapTemp can perform conditional actions, e.g. measure temperature when a button is pressed (contact closed), or when one of several buttons is pressed
- Sensors can be grouped into logical groups
- Current values can be shown with map background (JPG or GIF file).
- User can switch between several floormap views.
- Alert values are indicated by blinking and different colors.
Data processing for applications
- Data can be exported to MS Excel
Alerting and signaling
- Manual control of outputs
- Optional alarm delay, minimum output hold time
- Optional sensor calibration
- Alerting to unexpected situations: Sensor not found / Reading out of range / Reading OK / Reading out of tolerance
- Signaling methods: E-mail, SMS, playing a sound, switching a relay contact over the network