HWg-WLD is a water leak detector connected to the Ethernet. The sensing cable detects as little as a few drops of a liquid, and can be also used to detect condensation. Whenever a liquid is detected, the device sends an e-mail or a SNMP Trap, or uses a central SMS gateway HWg-SMS-GW3 to send a text message.
By providing an early detection and warning, HWg-WLD can prevent damages and avoid the associated costs.
- 2 – 85 m (6.5 – 280 ft) long sensing cable can be extended using sensing as well as non sensing segments.
- The sensing cable can be freely bent, twisted or even knotted, pressed or slightly pinched without raising a false alarm.
- M2M communication protocols SNMP, XML and Box-2-Box allow integration into more complex monitoring systems.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server.
- The detection cable monitors even the smallest volumes of electrically conductive liquids. After being flooded with clean water it can be dried and reused.
- Detected liquid leak as well as the sensing cable disconnecion sends an alert by e-mail, SMS, SNMP Trap, or activates a remote relay at a Poseidon2 of Damocles2 within the same LAN.
- For Ring or SMS alarm use the HWg-Trigger software (external GSM modem required), or a HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) version available.
- With the HWg-PDMS software, logged data can be exported to MS Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Detection of water leaking from pipes (cable runs along the pipes)
- Detection cable laid along the walls
- Under raised floors
- Above suspended ceilings
- Detection of water leaks in drip trays
- Detection of water leaks under A/C outlets
Water sensing cable
- The sensing cable detects even the smallest volume of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid anywhere on the total length of the cable.
- The sensing cable is terminated with connectors.
- The following can be combined:
- Water sensing cable WLD - 2m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 10m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 50m
- Prolong cable - 5m
- The sensing part of the cable can be up to 85m (280ft) long.
- The cable can be extended anywhere (even between sensing segments) with a 2-wire cable (max 100m – 330ft).
- The WLD water detection cable is reusable (needs to be dried)
HWg-WLD can directly control relay outputs over the network. No additional software is necessary.
- Supports any Poseidon or Damocles unit
- State is transferred upon changes as well as periodically (default period is 30s). Uses XML over http.
- The output must be in the "Manual" mode (no local condition for activating the output)
- The user configures the remote device IP & port and the remote output ID (ID 151 = Output 1, 154 = Output 4)
- If the relay is write-protected with a password, the user sets the password for controlling the relay
- Output control can be tested with the TEST button