WLD sensing cable type A is a sensor for the detection of the presence of any conductive liquid. The liquid is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing cable, which means that the extended area is monitored at once. The cable can be routed under the floors in datacentres or along the walls or wrapped around the pipes. Even the smallest volume of conductive liquid (water, ethylene glycol...) can trigger the alarm. The sensing cable is the essential component of the WLD system, the cable needs a WLD device or WLD relay to work properly.
WLD sensing cable is manufactured in lengths of
- WLD sensing cable A - 2m
- WLD sensing cable A - 10m
- WLD sensing cable A - 50m
Custom length is available on request.
Sensing cable is part of HWg monitoring eco-system (sensors + devices + SensDesk Technology portal), that gets you long-term reliable alerts, graphs, PDF reports, open API, remote device management, etc. The right Water Detection and early alert are essential in a lot of businesses, for example, data centers, etc. Water Leak Detection System from HW group is a complex solution developed to protect your facility against costly water damage that might threaten you.
>> Read the article about Water Leak Detection (WLD) System.
WLD sensing cable features
No Bend limit
WLD sensing cable Type A is not limited by any bending radius. The sensing cable can be knotted and still works properly. Therefore the installation is easy and can be done without special training. WLD sensing cable can be also installed after other electrical cables because movements caused by the movement of the surrounding cables do not cause false alarms.
No Grip limit
Water detection functionality is not limited by point pressure within a reasonable range. The cable can be stepped on or pressed and will not send false alarms. It can also be routed under the door threshold.
No Twist limit
WLD sensing cable Type A can be twisted as any other electrical cable.
- Water (or other conductive liquid) is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing cable.
- Early waring - even a few drops of liquid are detected
- Long-term stable water leak detection system (no fake / false alarms)
- WLD sensing cable can be easily combined with non-sensing prolong cable up to max total length. of 185 m (60 for NB-WLD)
- WLD system can combine sensing and non-sensing segments of the cable to make it cost effective solution
- WLD sensing cable is re-usable (flooded cable can be cleaned, dried & used again)
- For use with WLD2, NB-WLD, SD-WLD and Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI
- Easy & low-cost installation, Long-term reliability
- WLD zone lenght limit (60 / 185m) is defined by used device with WLD zone input
- Detection states: 0 = OK / 1 = Flooded / 2 = WLD cable disconnected
- Water Leak Detection in any environment
- Storage room
- Technology locations
- Wooden constructions
- Security systems
- Can be taped on the floor, wrapped around pipes or attached to a wall.
Easy and cost-effective installation
- The cable can be routed under the floors in datacentres or along the walls or wrapped around the pipes
- WLD sensing cable installation can be realized even after other electrical cables are installed already.
- No special training is required for WLD sensing cable installation.
- Combination of sensing & non-sensing (prolong) cables according to the possible presence of water.
- Custom solutions for every need are possible
Long-term stable detection
- Once installed, WLD sensing cable do not generate false alarms.
- Micro movements caused by the movement of the surrounding cables do not cause false alarms.
- Fast reaction - even a few drops of the water will be detected.
- Mechanically disconnected WLD sensing cable will be indicated.
WLD cable components
WLD sensing cable is supplied in lengths of 2 m, 10 m 50 m. The length of the sensing cable in 1 zone can be max. 85 m. The cable can be extended with the prolong non-sensing cable up to 185 meters/zone in total (60 m for NB-WLD). Terminator is required at the end of the zone (included in the Connection cable).
- Connection cable - 2m (Green terminal block, 2m, Terminator)
- WLD Sensing cable A - 2m / 10m / 50m
- WLD prolong cable A - 5m
- WLD2 (LAN & WiFi device, 4 WLD zones, Standalone Monitoring )
- NB-WLD (NB-IoT network, 1 WLD zone, IoT Monitoring, portal required)
- SD-WLD (LAN & WiFi device, 1 WLD zone, IoT Monitoring, portal required)
- Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI (1W-UNI - RJ11 / Relay output, 1 WLD zone)
|WLD zones in different WLD devices|
Number of detection zones
Max length of WLD zone
|185m / zone||185m||60m||185m|
Possible installations of WLD cable
Why is Water Leak Detection system better than Flood detector
Water Leak Detection with the sensing cable is more expensive than simple spot water detection. However, WLD provides a much faster reaction to any water in the room. Thanks to the early alert significant damages to IT or other infrastructure can be avoided. Water Leak Detection with sensing cable is recommended in IT, data centers, technology, the medical sector, or anywhere else, where any water damage would be highly expensive.
Proper Water Leak Detection with a sensing cable helps you avoid costly damages thanks to an early alert that is triggered by the first few drops of liquid. Learn more about the difference between the WLD system with sensing cable and water spot detection in the application note.
>> Water Detection: Sensing cable versus Flood sensor
WLD prolong cable A
Prolong non-sensitive cable 5m for WLD type A. Can be extended to up to 100m in total.
Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI
A universal WLD (Water Leak Detection) sensor, with one WLD sensing cable input and 2 kind of outputs (1W-UNI sensor and relay output).
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables
1x Water Leak Detection zone (sensing cable) to the portal. LAN and WiFi connectivity, IoT Monitoring unit (Portal required).
1x Water Leak Detection zone (sensing cable) to the portal. Internal battery, NB-IoT cellular network connectivity, portal required.
WLD connection cable A
Connection cable for connecting WLD device with WLD sensing cable.