NB-WLD is a remote monitoring unit with one WLD zone (Water Leak Detection), internal battery, and NB-IoT (NarrowBand IoT) connectivity (sim card can be included). Water is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing (detection) cable.
NB-WLD is powered by an internal battery or an external power adaptor. There is 1 zone of WLD sensing cable (total wiring length up to 60m with non-sensing prolong cable included).
Thanks to fast detection of the first water drops anywhere on the WLD sensing cable can NB-WLD prevent substantial damages to the infrastructure.
NB-WLD is an IoT Monitoring device, which means it has to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal. All the SMS / Email alerts, PDF reports, and central device management is realized from the portal.
Manufacturer provides limited free of charge portal service (HWg-cloud.com) and paid service (SensDesk.com), check the Portal providers for other available portals.
- One sensing zone detection input for WLD sensing cable (Type A)
- Narrowband IoT (NB-IoT) connectivity
- In default NB-IoT simcard is included (3 years connectivity)
- Internal battery (non-rechargeable) with up to 3 years lifetime
- External 5V DC power
- Compatible with any SensDesk Technology portals
- Easy setup to the portal with a few clicks (HWg-cloud in default)
- Free portal (HWg-cloud) available with simple email alerting
- Metal housing, DIN and rack mount available
- Detection of water leaking from pipes (WLD sensing cable can run alongside the pipes)
- Liquid penetration from the next room (sensing cable laid alongside the walls)
- Water in Datacenters (under raised floors / above suspended ceilings)
- Detection of water leaks under A/C outlets
- Liquid detection in buildings
WLD sensing cable detects liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable. Even a few drops of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid trigger the alarm. WLD sensing cable is re-usable (cable can be cleaned, dried & used again).
WLD sensing cable features
- No Bend limit: WLD sensing cable is not limited by any bending radius.
- No Twist limit: WLD sensing cable can be twisted as any other electrical cable.
- No Grip limit: Water detection functionality is not limited by point pressure within a reasonable range.
WLD cable components
WLD sensing cable is supplied in length from 2m to 50m and can be extended by a non-sensing WLD prolong cable.
- Connection cable - 2m (Green terminal block, 2m, Terminator)
- WLD Sensing cable A - 2m / 10m / 50m
- WLD prolong cable A - 5m
Water Leak Detection system and spot water detection from HW group
WLD sensing cable detects liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable across the extent area and even the smallest amount of liquid can send the alert. Thanks to the early alert (reaction time 1-5 minutes) significant damages to IT or other infrastructure can be avoided.
Spot water detector detects water only in one spot and has to be entirely flooded. This means you will not be alerted immediately when a water pipe breaks but only after the area is considerably flooded.
Learn more about the difference between the WLD system with sensing cable and water spot detection in the application note: WLD (Water Leak Detection) with Sensing cable versus Spot water detection
NB-IoT network connectivity
- NB-IoT (NarrowBand IoT) cellular network is operated by standard mobile operators, but it's a different technology than GSM, LTE, or Cat-M1.
- Benefit of the NB-IoT technology is the low power consumption of the device, so devices can be operated for months & years from the battery.
Prepaid NB-IoT SIM card included
The most popular "subscribed" package contains 3 years prepaid NB IoT SIM card preconfigured by HW group company. Connectivity is provided by Vodafone global, the device can be used in most countries. The default preconfigured portal is HWg-cloud.com for remote device management & configuration. Devices can be migrated to any other SensDesk Technology portal.
3rd party SIM card for NB-IoT
You can use your own sim card for NB-IoT network connectivity. But! Don´t forget that:
- it's different technology & frequencies than LTE. You really have to use NB-IoT Simcard
- Devices have to be specifically configured for your own sim card, contact us before you purchase it
- Data can be delivered to your own hosted installation of the SensDesk portal. It's recommended for projects with 200+ devices. Contact us for details.
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.
HWg-cloud.com: Limited & Free portal
- the default pre-configured portal option
- provided by the device manufacturer
- sends email alerts and offers basic remote device management
- advanced features of SensDesk Technology are not available
- You can migrate your devices from HWg-cloud.com to any other SensDesk Technology portal at any time
SensDesk.com: Paid portal service with advanced features
- Several subscription plan options
- SMS / Voice call alerts to any mobile phone
- Graphs / MultiGraphs (data history)
- PDF reports
- Email alerts/alarm escalation
- History log
- Open API: All sensor values are available via XML / SNMP protocols
Local portals by Portal providers
- portals based on SensDesk Technology ran by 3rd party providers
- local languages and support
- various mix of free/paid services
- various commercial names
Why do you need a portal?
- Using the portal makes the IoT monitoring devices easy to install even by junior local staff. To install the IoT devices you don´t need any experts on the site.
- The portal can then send alerts, provides remote device management. Portal is one place with all your sensors & graphs overview, reporting, Open API, ...
- Even the defaul free of charge version of the portal (Hwg-cloud.com) can alert you by email when device disconnected / sensor value alarm.
- Price of the SensDesk.com portal service is around 15 % of the hardware cost per year.
All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
You can have a display with all your sensor values in your pocket with you 24/7. Check HWg Monitor mobile app. The app can be running on your phone, on the Android TV, or on the Tablet installed on the wall.
SensDesk.com can immediately alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of an Alarm situation. If the time is critical, every second counts. The immediate reaction to an alarming situation can be also responded to by closing/opening a remote relay output, which can for example turn on a siren. Quick alerts lower the risk of costly damages in case of an Alarm. Alerts from the portal can escalate to higher intensity or to another person if the problem persists.
Sensor values in Multigraphs
Multigraphs can display multiple sensor values from different kinds of sensors in one graph. That offers a situation overview of a remote site, significant fluctuance of sensor values is visible at first sight. It is popular for comparing time events. SensDesk.com system is also showing sensor value graphs that alert you when the device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits.
For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
You can easily create comprehensible reports with graphical representations of sensor values in one or in a number of locations. You can create reports in PDF (CSV) periodically. Reports can be printed & clicked to the invoice for your customer. Reports for pharmaceutical / other production (HACCP) are possible.
Thanks to the history log you can easily compare your historical data.
You can connect the data from SensDesk.com to any other system. Portal user account (all connected sensors) is accessible by Open API (SNMP, XML).
- A list of all the sensors / current values can be downloaded in XML format (HTTP get).
- All the values can be read via SNMP v1 / v3 protocol.
The number of Dashboards, Multigraphs and Reports is limited by the subscription plan as well as the length of the history log, check the plans: www.sensdesk.com
WLD sensing cable type A. Water is detected along the entire length of the WLD sensing cable.
Prolong non-sensitive cable 5m for WLD type A. Can be extended to up to 100m in total.
Connection cable for connecting WLD device with WLD sensing cable.
SD-WLD is a water leak detector with Ethernet and WiFi that detects the presence of water using a sensing cable.
NB-IoT device with two relay outputs, that can control remote technology manually or based on conditions.
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables