The HW group operates a portal www.SensDesk.com as a global service to end customers (SaaS).
The SensDesk portal can be run under a license on customer hardware (on premise). The list of public portals can be found under "Portal providers" on the page www.HWg-cloud.com
Variants of SensDesk licenses:
- The SensDesk PRO license can be installed in a closed network (recommended per the project)
- A service under the SensDesk DC license can be operated as a public service
|Sensdesk DC license||Sensdesk PRO license||Sensdesk.com|
|Licence type||on premise||on premise||SaaS|
|Typical use||Regional monitoring service||Monitoring projects||Global monitoring service|
|Price||On request||On request||From 12€ / month|
|Number of monitoring devices||By license||By license||5 / 10 / 25 / more|
|Number of sensors||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|History (database)||provider's decision||provider's decision||30 / 365 / 730 Days|
|Alerting||Basic + Advanced||Basic + Advanced||Basic + Advanced|
|Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)||Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)||Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)|
|Phone call alerts||Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)||Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)||Yes (SMS-GW + Twiliio service)|
|PDF Reports||Yes||Yes||1 / 2 / 5 / more|
|Dashboards||Yes||Yes||1 / 2 / more|
|Output control||Yes||Yes||Web + actions|
|Multigraphs||Yes||Yes||1 / 2 / 5 / more|
|Actions||Email, SMS, Set Output, SNMP Trap||Email, SMS, Set Output, SNMP Trap||Email, SMS, Set Output, SNMP Trap|
|Open API||Yes||Yes||SNMP, XML|
|Amount of Teams||Unlimited||1||1|
|Users in one Team||Unlimited||unlimited||1/ 2/ 3/ more|
|NB-IoT devices support||Yes||Yes||Yes, Migration (Import / Export)|
|Annual fee to HW group||Periodical||Voluntary||No (included in subscription plans)|
|Use of own SMTP server||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can run in private network||No||Yes||No|
|Updates and upgrades||Voluntary||Yes||Automatically|
A network of drug-stores that monitors the storage of medicines at several branches is an example of the exploitation. All the communication runs in a closed VPN network.
- A single company is the customer.
- A single technical team monitors and analyzes all the data.
- The portal is located in a closed network
Other typical applications:
- Premises of a production factory with an internal network operate a SensDesk as a monitoring system for the production process. All the sensors are located in the internal network
The HW group distributor in Austria is a typical example of exploitation. The distributor wants the customers on projects being supported by the SensDesk portal for the end customer in German. The Austrian provider of the portal operates www.SensDesk.at (on the public Internet).
- The provider operates the SensDesk as a service at a public address
- Several companies (teams) are the customer
- The portal is located on the public Internet
Other typical applications:
- The machine producer offers an extended service and a remote monitoring of machines under warranty. The machines are operated anywhere and communicate with the portal on the public Internet.
- The provider of the IT infrastructure and servers offers the monitoring of installed servers at the customers. Sensors in server rooms communicate with the portal at a public address. Users are set to be informed about potential