HWg-STE PoE: SNMP thermometer
HWg-STE PoE is IP enabled web thermometer with Email alerts and SNMP. Measure temperature and humidity with two external probes. Powered over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) or from wall plug adaptor.
Windows graphs and MS Excel reporting software included. Delivered with one temperature probe, power adaptor and software included.
The HWg-STE PoE web thermometer is configured using a built-in web server. If the temperature (humidity) exceeds a specified threshold, an e-mail alert is sent. Free windows software HWg-PDMS for graphical overview and MS Excel export included.
The HWg-STE IP thermometer is fully SNMP compatible.
- PoE temperature monitor, E-mail alert to overheating or temperature drop
Windows software, AC power adapter and temperature probe included
- Simple installation, supports DHCP & PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- Humidity probe
- Temperature and humidity probe for installation in a 19" rack
- Waterproof, stainless-steel temperature probe, -30°C to +125°C (-22°F to +257°F)
- Fridge / Icebox temperature probe, flat cable, -30°C to +60°C (-22°F to +140°F)
Remote rack monitoring
Temperature / humidity monitoring inside and outside of a rack (cabinet), SNMP monitoring, PoE (Power over Ethernet - IEEE 802.3af).
Air conditioning failure
Temperature monitoring; rising temperature indicates cooling fault.
HWg-STE power over ethernet thermometer is easy to install.
Heating system monitoring
Remote monitoring of a heating system, alert by e-mail or SMS (Email-2-SMS) to a danger of freezing.
Temperature report to MS Excel available.
Sends an e-mail if the cooler malfunctions. Logs operating and storage conditions. Temperature reports.
Web PoE thermometer saves heating and air-conditioning costs. Temperature reports for MS Excel.
Monitors optimal storage conditions. With application software, HACCP reports can be created.
- Simple installation: supports DHCP and sensor autodetection
- SNMP standard: Connects to NMS (SNMP MIB)
- Precision: Temperature 0.1°C resolution, display in °C or °F (Humidity: 0.1 %RH)
- Alerts: Sends e-mail if the temperature (humidity) is too high / too low
- Security: protected with a password
- Included in standard package:
- Wall plug power adapter
- Temperature probe on 3m cable -10°C to 80°C (+14°F to +176°F)
- Optional sccessories (second sensor):
- Humidity sensor (wall / rack / cable version)
- Indoor temperature sensor range of the supplied probe (wall / rack / cable version)
- Outdoor temperature sensor, range -30°C to 125°C (-22°F to +257°F)
- Fridge / Icebox temperature sensor with flat cable
- Ethernet: RJ45 (100BASE-T)
- Powered over IP (standard PoE IEEE 802.3af), or from the supplied wall plug power adapter
- Web: Built-in web server
- MT web: Index web page available also in format for mobile telephone browsers
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP (161), XML (read only)
- HWg-STE: Power adapter
- HWg-STE PoE: PoE (IEEE 802.3af) + power adapter (depending on type)
- Supported software
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration and detection (with DHCP)
- HWg-PDMS: Logging of values, graphs, export to MS Excel, reports
- CapTemp: Visualization on a map, control of outputs, alarm redirection to SMS
- SNMPcap: Sensor values & devices visualization
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
HWg-PDMS (Poseidon-Damocles Monitoring System) periodically collects input and sensor values from units connected to a LAN (Poseidon, Damocles, HWg-STE). Collected data are periodically saved as MS Excel reports.
- Registered version is free of charge for 3 sensors
- Collects data over a LAN (using http from the device IP address / by e-mail)
- Data collection runs in the background as a Windows service
- Graphical overview of the collected data
- Temperature report for MS Excel (runs periodically in the background - generate XML database)
Compatible 3rd party SNMP software
>> 3rd party monitoring SNMP software
Frequently Asked Questions
- It is possible to power the HWg-STE PoE using a power adaptor?
Yes, you can use a standard Power over Ethernet switch or the supplied power adaptor.
- How can I plot the temperature in a graph?
Use the supplied free HWg-PDMS temperature monitor software. It's fully compatible with HWg-STE web thermometer.
- Where can I find the MIB file for connecting with my SNMP software?
The "HWg-STE.mib" file is available at the "System" page. Simply save it and import it into your SNMP software.
- Which SNMP version is supported.
HWg-STE is SNMP monitor compatible with SNMP v1 & SNMP v2.
- Where can I find SNMP Trap settings?
HWg-STE does not support SNMP Traps (port 162). Only SNMP at port 161 is supported.
Use any Poseidon or Damocles products, there are SNMP Traps supported.
If you need SNMP Trap functionality in HWg-STE for any bigger project, contact us.
- Can I use HWg-STE without a SNTP server?
Yes, of course. SNTP server is used to synchronize time and to initialize the clock after power up. However, the time shown in STE e-mails will be incorrect.
- How can I connect a door contact?
The HWg-STE IP thermometer supports only temperature and humidity probes. To connect a Dry contact, use e.g. Poseidon 3266, or contact a HWg distributor with your requirements.
- How can I create a protocol (reports) with recorded temperatures?
Use the supplied HWg-PDMS software. Logged values can be displayed or exported to MS Excel.
Temperature and Humidity reports are produced on background, you can analyze data with your own excel formulas.
- The SNMP thermometer only works when powered from the wall plug adaptor. Why doesn't PoE work?
On most PoE switches, you need to manually enable PoE power for each individual port. Please make sure that you have enabled PoE for the port where HWg-STE PoE is connected.
- Where can I find the prices of your devices?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
Temp-1Wire (temperature probes for SNMP thermometer)
- Humid-1Wire (humidity probes / combined temperature-humidity probes)
Can be connected to HWg-STE PoE temperature monitor.
|HWg-STE PoE SNMP thermometer, PoE temperature monitor, PoE thermometer, power over ethernet thermometer, IEEE 802.3af
PoE thermometer, PoE temperature sensor, PoE, snmp, email alert, poe temperature, temperature report, poe humidity