The IP Relay ER02a is a RS-232 / RS-485 serial line converter with two 230V-rated SPDT relays.
- Two independent, Ethernet controlled relay up to 240V/16A
- 2 relay outputs for 110/ 240V / 16A
- Secure access with a predefined IP address range and a 128-bit TEA encryption
- Virtual serial port for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 2000 Server/Windows 2003 Server available on CD
- RS-232 serial port (RxD, TxD, CTS, RTS)
- Ethernet Network - RJ45 (10BASE-T - IEEE 802.3)
- Remote monitoring of IP camera system's failure
- Remote control of the network configuration
- Remote control and restarting of micowawe connections.
- Remote devices control (ventilation, door opening..)
- IP Relay used as an Ethernet/RS-485 converter, optionally switching power on and off.
- Access control systems
- Barcode readers
- Electronic scales
- RFID interfaces
- Fingerprint scanners
- Remote monitoring of Ethernet devices over a serial console, Ethernet-commanded RESET if needed. Remote reset can take place by shorting an internal reset button, or by disconnecting 110/230V power supply. Contacts of IP Relay ER02a are certified for switching mains power.
- Commonly used to connect an IP video camera and restart it remotely when needed.
The contacts and the serial line can be controlled using the free HW VSP (virtual serial port) software, or using the documented M2M protocol. The communication protocol is based on Telnet and RFC2217 extensions.
HWg SDK gives examples, in several programming languages, of using IP Relay in your software and applications.