IP Relay HWg-ER02b connects a full RS-232/485 serial port and a set of two digital inputs and two digital outputs to the Ethernet. IP Relay HWg-ER02b features a truly full RS-232 serial port (9-pin). The serial port of the unit can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP). Its digital inputs and outputs can be controlled over the Web or through Modbus/TCP.
A built in web server is used for configuring. Using the free HW VSP3 application up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to one PC.
Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode. In this mode, the digital I/O as well as the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- 1x full serial port RS-232/485 with 9-bit communication support
- 2x Digital Input (for Dry contacts, switches, or 5-20V DC)
- 2x Digital Output (NO/NC digital relay; max 230V/16A)
- M2M communication protocols: http, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server, Telnet.
- Full RS-232 serial port (9 pins: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD).
- RS-485 serial interface: up to 115,200 Bd.
- DIN rail mount.
- Free SW HW VSP3 : Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Supports up to 100 remote serial ports.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Link two buttons/switches to a SW application.
- Connect your RS-232 devices to your LAN – barcode / RFID scanners, serial printers, displays.
- The remote relay output can, for example, open a door, turn on a horn, or disconnect power. It can be used also as web relay.
- I/O can be controlled over Modbus/TCP from any SCADA system, independently of the serial line.
- Remote power switch (power control) can switch 230/110V AC directly.
- Connecting a RFID reader over a LAN + remote reset of associated equipment
- Connecting a barcode reader over the Ethernet + controlling DI and DO in an application
- Remote UPS or diesel generator monitoring with RS-232 monitoring + remote start / test over the I/O
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- Barcode scanners in combination with LAN relay (remote I/O)
Typical applications include remote power control, opening a remote gate over a LAN (relay output) and connecting a RFID card reader (RS-232).
- 1x full RS-232 or RS-485 serial port (terminal server, virtual port)
- 2x digital input (dry contacts)
- 2x digital output (230V/16A relay output)