PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS-485 serial port to Ethernet converter. PortBox2 features a truly full RS-232 serial port (9-pin). The serial port converter can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP).
A built in web server is used for configuring. Using the free HW VSP3 application up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to one PC.
RS-232 port of PortBox2 can be simultaneously used for data collecting (CDR/SMDR, PBX call accounting) and for remote access as Virtual Serial Port. Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode. In this mode, the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- 1x full serial port RS-232/485 with 9-bit communication support
- M2M communication protocols: http, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server, Telnet.
- Full RS-232 serial port (9 pins: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD).
- RS-485 serial interface: up to 115,200 Bd.
- Free SW HW VSP3 : Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Supports up to 100 remote serial ports.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- RFID card readers, online access control systems
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- Barcode scanners
PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS485 serial port to Ethernet converter. PortBox2 contains a truly full RS-232 serial port (9 pins). PortBox2 can be connected to a PC over LAN and the serial port can be accessed in Windows as a VSP (Virtual Serial Port), e.g. COM17. HW group offers a free HW VSP Multiport application that supports up to 100 remote serial ports on a single PC. It can be used for Windows server applications as well (works as a NT service).
- Full RS-232 serial port (9 wires)
- Web-based configuration, free Virtual Serial Port for Windows supports up to 100 ports
- 9th bit support (virtual parity) for 9-bit protocols
For programmers: Control the product from your own application in minutes. Make your work easier with many examples for various programming languages in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++ Builder, MS Visual C, VB, Delphi, C#, PHP, JAVA).
Extend the serial port over a LAN: Two devices can be connected back-to-back (Box-2-Box mode). In this mode, the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.