S-Hub represents a device which allows connecting RS-485 sensors to Poseidon Family units, as Poseidon2 4002. The RS-485 bus is connected to the Poseidon model 1250 via TP cables and RJ45 connectors. S-Hub allows connecting up to 8 sensors over RJ45 to a single Poseidon unit. S-Hubs can be connected in series. Though S-Hub's topology can be found similar to Hub on Ethernet it cannot be commuted.
- Simplification of cabling (mainly in larger installations)
- Using popular RJ45 sensors
- Easy extension with more sensors
- Simplified power supply connection for individual sensors. Power supply is connected directly to the S-Hub unit. It is possible to use standard power adaptor.
- Temperature and humidity monitoring in industrial environment (RS-485 sensors)
The RS-485 bus works reliably even over long distances in industrial environment but some principles must be obeyed when making a connection. To make sensor connection easier we supply the S-Hub along with the Poseidon. That is really a great help when it comes to installing sensors. Standard TP cables in the star connection can be used.