Damocles MINI: SNMP Web relay
Product replaced by a new generation Damocles2 MINI.
Damocles MINI is Web-relay with 4 digital inputs and control 2 NO/NC relay outputs over the Web and M2M (SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP). Dry contact event email or SNMP Trap alert.
Control two remote relays and four digital inputs (dry contacts) with a Web interface. Switch a relay or check the input states over an IP network.
The Damocles MINI is a SNMP / WEB relay that is typically used to remotely switch On/Off other devices or to measure energy consumption (using pulse counters at the inputs).
When an input contact is closed, Damocles sends an email with customized text. Optionally, the email can be sent after a defined delay (for example, to send an alert if a freezer door stays open for more than 5 minutes).
A typical application is the sending of an email based on Dry contact inputs, remote restart or remote relay control. Relay outputs can be controlled over M2M protocols SNMP, XML over http or Modbus/TCP.
- 4 DI digital inputs for contact connecting
- 2 DO relay outputs relay contacts (NC and NO)
- Sensor value out of range: sending Email or SNMP Trap to several recipients.
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
- WEB: Built-in web server
- Inputs: 4 digital inputs (dry contact)
- Pulse Counter: 32. bit counter on each Digital Input (for connecting S0 pulses)
- Outputs: 2 digital outputs (relays, 24VDC)
- Box-2-Box mode: Outputs are activated by alerts from other devices (Poseidon / Damocles)
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, Modbus/TCP
- Reaction to changes at the input: SNMP trap, Email (editable text)
- Mechanical: dimension 35 x 102 x 76 [mm]
- Support for programmers: HWg SDK
- Supported software
- HWg-PD Trigger: Controls other IP devices, redirects alarms to SMS
- HWg-PDMS: Logging,conversion of pulses to energy, export to MS Excel, reports
- CapTemp: Visualization on a map, control of outputs, alarm redirection to SMS
- >> Third-party SNMP software
Changes at a dry contact input of one device (A) are sent over the network (SNMP Trap) and reflected at the relay output of the other device (B). Damocles MINI can react to changes at the inputs of another Poseidon or Damocles unit (without any additional software).
Too high temperature in the datacenter (measured by Poseidon 3266) turns on a warning red light in the IT department in another building (relay output of Damocles MINI).
AN37: Box-2-Box Connection: Poseidon >> Damocles
- Control the relay over network – switch relay by three clicks on
- Remote Web-Relay controlled over IP (snmp / xml / Modbus/TCP)
- Pulse counter: energy consumption measurement over IP.
Reading of the consumption
in time from electrometers, flow meters, gas meters, ..
- Monitoring of sensors of door opening, motion detectors, dangerous
- Connecting of external inputs to SCADA systems
- Remote control over IP - Opening of entry points (doors, gates,
pikes and connecting of passage sensors)
- Monitoring of back-up power supply like UPS and Diesel-engines
- Camera systems (door contacts, PIR sensors)
- Measurement of number of persons/vehicles - counting of indoor
state and number of passage of persons/vehicles
Which software to use
- Configuration: UDP Config - IP address configuration
- Event processing: PD Trigger - reacts to events
- Monitoring and logging: HWg-PDMS - Monitoring software with MS Excel reporting
- Simple Visualization: SNMPcap - I/O and sensors
- Visualization: CapTemp - Process monitoring and control
- Command line control: PosDamIO - Command-line control of inputs and outputs (see AN29)
- Other applications: Third-party software for Poseidon & Damocles
- For programmers: HWg-SDK contains interface descriptions and examples of using M2M protocols in several programming languages
- WEB (HTML)
The state of digital inputs and outputs is displayed on WWW page. The
page is automatically reloaded every 5 seconds. On the main HTML page
there are links to Flash Setup, update FirmWare and others..
All values, the information about alarm state including, are accessible
in .XML file (values.xml) and any application can easily log it from
XML tags - more informations..
SNMP is protocol for management of telecommunication devices, network
infrastructure and related technologies. Damocles is fully controlled
over SNMP - more informations..
Modbus/TCP is industry standard for input of sensor values and sensors
into visualization and SCADA systems. All sensors values are accessible
over Modbus/TCP - more informations..
- SNMP Traps
In a case of Alarm, the device will send you SNMP Trap
with a description of Alarm state to defined IP address - more
Apart from SNMP Trap, in a case of alarm the device can send you
Email with a description of Alarm state - more
– communication protocols.
Technical specifications of Damocles MINI
- Ethernet: RJ 45 (10BASE-T - IEEE802.3)
- 4x Digital inputs: prepared for direct contacts connecting
- 2x Relay outputs: relay contacts NC and NO
- Device configuration:
- UDP Config - IP address configuration, etc.. -
remotely functions over the network, but only on the local segment
of the network,
- Over HTTP - graphic Flash interface - ensured
by access password and defined range of IP addresses.
| + Interface
|| RJ45 (10BASE-T) – 10 Mbit or 10/100 Mbit network
|+ Supported protocols
||IP: ARP, TCP/IP (HTTP, Modbus over TCP), UDP/IP (SNMP)
|+ SNMP compatibility
|| Ver:1.00 compatible, some parts of the ver 2.0 implemented
|+ 4x Digital Inputs
|| Dry contact / Wet contact directly
| + Pulse counter
|| Yes, 32 bits per DI
| + 2x Relay contacts
|| up to 5A/110V AC or 5A/24V DC
1x NC and 1x NO for every output
| LED Status indicators
| + POWER
|| Green - power
| + LINK & Activity
|| Green - Ethernet
| DIP SWITCH configuration
| + DIP1
| + DIP2 - Security
|| ON = Security mode - remote configuration
OFF = Non-Security mode - remote configuration enabled
| Physical parameters
|+ Voltage requirements
||12-24 V/ 600 mA DC- coaxial power connector (barrel),
GND on the shield
| + Dimensions / Weight
||35 x 102 x 77 [mm] (H x W x D ) / 500 g
- How long it takes to supply ordered samples?
We keep the Damocles MINI units permanently on stock and supply them
during 24 to 48 hours.
If you confirm the order, we will send you an E-mail and inform you
about approximate delivery date.
- What kind of guarantee do you provide?
Standard guarantee is 2 years, it´s possible extend it by contract.
- Where I can find the prices of devices?
You can ask our distributors
or ask for price (by Email or
- Where I can find the price of Damocles and accessories for my
Send us email (see Contacts),
or Demand form. Introduce
more informations about your project, how many Damocles unities and
which accessories do you need. Don´t fotget write us in which software
data will be processed or what do you expect from the program. Write
us where are you come from too. We can recommend you the installation
company in your neigbourhood.
- How you will deliver
We use a couple of delivery companies, for express delivery we use
>> Ways of product ordering
|Damocles MINI set (photo)
Recommended start set for the work with Damocles MINI:
- Damocles model MINI [600 250]
- EU Power adaptor  (photo) (can be replaced by US or UK type)
- manual, CD
|Damocles MINI (photo)
|Damocles MINI 48V (photo)
Damocles MINI powered from -48V DC telco standard.
Power supply galvanic isolated from Dry Contact Inputs and relay Outputs.
LapLink cable 2m [600
Communication cable RS-232 LapLink for PC connecting.
- PowerEgg - (photo)
Detection of external AC voltage (110 up to 230V), controllable AC
output (110 up to 230V)
- Inputs and Outputs
>> How to order our products
|Damocles MINI, Webrelay, remote relay control, snmp relay, xml relay, snmp web relay
relay control remote, web relay snmp, remote restart, remote relay, modbus tcp relay, remote reboot, M2M IP relay, snmp di do,box-2-box relay, dry contact email
Similar and related products