HWg-PDMS: Monitoring software with chart and MS Excel output
Windows application for collecting data from sensors and inputs over GSM (HWg-Ares) and LAN (Poseidon, Damocles, HWg-STE, HWg-PWR). Export of data in the background. Simple data processing and analysis in MS Excel.
HWg-PDMS (Poseidon & Damocles Monitoring System) captures values of inputs and probes from devices connected over GSM or LAN. Data in the internal database can be periodically exported to MS Excel reports (protocols).
Data input: LAN (http) / Email (POP3) / Portal (HWg-Push protocol)
- Data output:
- Graphic preview
- MS Excel export (.XLSx) + XML database (.XML) – daily / weekly / monthly
- Email report (daily / weekly / monthly)
- Operating system: MS Windows (x64) – including server versions
- Data input protocols: HTTP, SMTP, HWg-Push protocols
- Graphical output: Yes, can be saved to files
- Supported sensors: kWh, W, A, V, °C/°F, Cos Fi, Lx, %RH
- Pulse counter support: For Damocles units
- Data collection and export of reports runs periodically as a MS Windows service (NT service).
- HWg-PDMS Trial: Free of charge – 3 sensors
- HWg-PDMS 8: 8 sensors (data points)
- HWg-PDMS 20: 20 sensors (data points)
- HWg-PDMS Unlimited:
Max 300 devices and 500 sensors (if you need more, contact us)
Language versions: English / Czech / German / French / Dutch / Polish / Indonesian / Italian / Slovene
Typical HWg-PDMS usage scenarios
- IT department: HWg-PDMS software monitors energy consumption, temperature, supply of power, and access to cabinets with IT infrastructure.
- Overview of services for outsourcing: Keeping records of quality of the provided services. The generated MS Excel summaries can be attached to invoices for quality assurance purposes. Useful when a company delivers uncomfortable cold instead of air conditioning + maintenance.
- Audit: End user that needs data logging (operations / storage audit). For instance, storages of pharmaceuticals or food.
- Operations logs: History records that can be manually exported to MS Excel if needed.
- Remote monitoring – alerts
If you need to be alerted to sensor failures or readings out of range by email or text message, use the HWg-PD Trigger software.
- XML data output
Data are exported to MS Excel via a .xml file. This xml file can be generated in the background and used outside of MS Excel.
- Data input by Email (Pop3)
Data transfer by email works even for customers that use a NAT and cannot use a VPN. It is ideal for GSM sensors.
HWg-PDMS exports to MS Excel (report)
- One-time data export – Generated manually for the specified time period. Does not run in the background.
- Periodic data export – Generated automatically in the background after each period ends. For example, every Monday at 0:05 o'clock for the previous week.
Custom data visualization (report)
- MS Excel loads the data into the first sheet, named "Report".
Other sheets can be used for storing custom visualizations for the data in the "Report" sheet.
- Data in the "Report" sheet
- If there are no data in the database for the given sensor at the given time, an empty cell is inserted.
- If the sensor is disconnected, "-999" is inserted.
- If the device was inaccessible, "-998" is inserted.
- Custom data presentations
- Use other sheets for your analysis of the data (ideally, ready for printing on a single page).
- When the template is next loaded, current data are inserted into the first sheet and MS Excel updates the charts and tables in other sheets.
- Even with lots of data, the report can be prepared and printed within 90 seconds.
- The number of lines in the "Report" sheet can vary according to the month (28 / 30 / 31 days), or if the PDMS application does not run. Take it into account in your formulas.
- Disable inserting -998 and -999 values, otherwise you need to take them into account in your formulas.
Edit Report – description of the settings
HWg-PDMS inserts the selected data into the first sheet, "Report", in the Excel file.
In order to read the data when the MS Excel file is opened, you need to enable MS Excel macros.
MS Excel report options
- Include value -998 (Unavailable device)
- When unchecked (default), values are ignored when the device was unreachable.
- Check to indicate unreachable devices ("-998" is inserted as the value).
- Include value -999 (Unavailable sensor)
- When unchecked (default), values are ignored when the sensor was unavailable.
- Check to indicate unavailable sensors ("-999" is inserted as the value).
- Include counter increments (Damocles only)
Creates a counter value for each Damocles DI input and inserts it to the Excel file.
- Averages of Values
Computes average values for the given time period and inserts them into the Excel file as a single value.
For example, use this to display an average over 15 minutes, even though the internal PDMS database includes a reading for every minute.
Enable the option, select 15 minutes, and the Excel report will only include 4 values per hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When I have a combo Temperature & Humidity sensor, does it count against the license as one or two sensors?
It counts as two sensors. The limit applies to the number of source values.
- HWg-PDMS is an IP sensors data collector. Can I collect data even from a generic SNMP device?
No, HWg-PDMS only supports sensors from HW group.
It can be used with the HWg-PWR device for data acquisition from M-Bus devices.
- Can I receive SMS or email when some sensors don't work?
Not from PDMS, the HWg-PDMS is only an IP sensors monitor software.
You can use HWg-PD Trigger to generate alerts (SMS or email); it is designed to work in parallel with HWg-PDMS.
- Can I use the PDMS software together with my SNMP based remote sensors monitoring system?
Yes. It is not a problem to use several different monitoring systems in parallel with one sensor.
- Can I connect the PDMS software to my SCADA?
Not really, PDMS is only an IP sensors data acquisition application. It does not support SCADA system exports. It only generates a XML database at defined intervals (daily, weekly, monthly).
- What is a typical application of HWg-PDMS?
PDMS is typically used as a temperature monitoring software, or for remote energy monitoring.
- Can I check the excel reports on a remote computer?
Yes, you can generate the xml + xlsx files to a remote drive connected over the network.
You can even send excel reports as email attachments.
- Where can I find the prices of the HWg-PDMS monitoring software?
Ask our distributors, or request a quote directly from us using the form at this page.
HWg-PDMS, windows monitoring software, MS Excel report, IP sensors data acquisition, temperature graphs, NT service, IP sensors monitoring, data collector over LAN and GSM
IP sensors monitoring , sensors excel reporting, temperature graph, humidity graph, energy monitoring, data collection, sensor logger, free version
|Order your HWg-PDMS license
|HWg-PDMS Trial (Registered or Unregistered)